Followers

Friday, January 26, 2024

My Week So Far

It's been a bit on the cold side here for most of the week...and windy.  With that kind of weather...I don't venture too far from the confines of a warm home.....

My friend & I got together to browse of a couple of home decor stores....with a lunch break...one store was packed with shoppers, so I didn't get any photos....but happened to take a few at another...I'm obsessed with this industrial towel rack....it certainly is sturdy....


It seems I come across signs for laundry rooms....this one is lightweight metal.  I'm still holding out for a BOGO sale at Michaels for the sign I really want....


Just look at this basket/coffee table!!  I'm crushing on it big time.....perfect storage for throws and cushions!  It is huge though....wouldn't it look awesome at the end of a bed?   Unfortunately, in this seventies split....the bedrooms are all very small...but I can dream.....and those lamps!!


Anyone else love these lamps besides me?  I've seen DIY'ers wrap twine around lamps themselves...that would take more patience than I possess.....


An abundance of cushions...sadly these are not down....I seem to have an aversion to poly filled cushions.  Down or feather cushions are so much softer...and last much longer....and are fully washable.  With covers that zip off!   But to each her own, right?    I do love the colour combo here though...the mustard gold with the terra cotta...and the rough texture of the black, rough stone lamps....


I almost picked up this vase.....it's the same style as my lamps in the family room...however it had some Italian wording on one side....and I prefer it on the side with nothing on it....


My big splurge of the day...a couple of wooden hearts.  Don't ask why I'm attracted to them....anything wood I'm drawn to.  My plan was to tie them up with twine...but other than attach my thumbs together (even with Mr. Seventies help)....that was a no go.  They are heart shape.....and no matter how I attempted to tied them....the twine slid off.   So...this is how they sit....if anyone has any ideas...please share....



I see bunches of tulips in the stores...until they priced them out of range...I used to get bouquets for a touch of spring....(which is still a long way off).   I set out my faux tulips....(I think I ordered them on Amazon)....they look & feel real.  We are weeks & weeks away from seeing any pop up in our gardens....so these will have to do...



Lastly....I completed the four week intro into Bounce exercise!  I'm still not great at it...I likened it to walking on a boat....or first time on ice skates!   Now...you don't fall....but the feeling seems to be a challenge for me to overcome.  I think I will get there....even on the treadmill....I need one finger touching a handle! 

I signed up for another four week class - this time on Saturday morning....it's a struggle to get out when it's dark & cold in the evenings.  I'm one of those dreaded morning people....so morning class suits me better.   I also wore a wrap around the knee that gives me trouble...and it really helped...

Today, Liesel has a vet appointment.  The barfies...as I like to call them...continue.  Keeping track of when it occurs has given me cause for concern.. it's time to hopefully come to a resolution.  I don't know if she has an acid tummy...or what is the issue....but some weeks it happens 2-3 times.    She will be a very unhappy camper - not her favourite place....Mr. Seventies will be on hand to make a swift exit with her to the car afterwards.

Hoping everyone has a great weekend & it's nicer weather where you are!  Til next time....








No comments:

Post a Comment