Followers

Monday, April 15, 2024

Monday Mash Up

This post isn't about anything in particular...just bits & bites of everything!  We had an overcast weekend...with rain forecasted for much of it.  The rain never appeared...mostly overcast & mild temperatures.  Mr. Seventies detailed the inside of the SUV..... much needed.

An abundance of road salt carried in on the carpets...he was able to clean and vacuum it all away.  Since it was supposed to rain...he didn't wash & wax the exterior...we can always hit up a car wash.  There is nothing better...than a sparkling, clean vehicle!  While he was busy with that....I gave the back entry a much needed de-winter cleaning!  A good vacuuming & a bucket of hot, sudsy water....and gave walls, mouldings & both interior & exterior door got a good cleaning.  The entry is on the north side of the house...so it sees it's fair share of wind, snow, ice pellets and rain...

Moving on...the purse I previously ordered arrived & I couldn't be more thrilled with the quality....


It's hand made with the most luxurious leather....and with ample storage...it will continue to look amazing as it gets used and ages to perfection...



These sneakers....had a $0 price tag!!  They are Columbia Trail sneakers...the colour is called Icey Blue & they cost me absolutely nothing!  How... you might ask?  When you shop with this local shoe store...for every dollar you spend...you receive VIP points.   Add an additional 20% off when purchased during a sale....and free shipping....I had accumulated enough points to get them free!!   And who doesn't love free!!



One thing I have learned about Wal Mart....their website has so much more than our store here could ever have!  (which is very little).   Ordering from their site...is simple...with free shipping to the store....and it's less than 4 km to drop in & pick up orders (delivery is also available for a fee).  With that in mind....I came across these adorable shoes...and ordered a pair in this colour.  I can honestly say I've never purchased footwear from Wal Mart...be interesting to see the quality and how they fit...

Another thing I have discovered....Temu!!  Have you ordered from them?  I never had, but wanted to give them a go.  I must say, I am pleasantly surprised with the items I ordered...they are perfect!  Having never ordered...I was a bit hesitant of sizing (and skeptical of quality)....an XXL according to their size chart equals a Canadian size 14.

I placed a small order....t-shirt, swimsuit...and these cuties!  The XXL clothing size fit perfect...the shoes were a bit roomy...but very wearable!  I've ordered a red pair ...but went down half a size, hopefully they will be a perfect fit!  The only downside is shipping takes about two weeks....



Mr. Seventies puttered outside...rather than remove this tree stump...(tree loss thanks to Fiona)....it needs to be cut in half....you can't tell in the photo....but there is a huge crack in the stump...


My cousin sent me this photo...such a great idea!  We plan to give it a try....the right section of the stump will be sawed away & Mr. Seventies will hollow the remaining side a bit to grow some pretty annuals...



The ice in the pool has completely melted....and we are left with green, icky water.  It's much too early to get the pool up & running....the middle of May is the usual time frame....it will depend on the weather.  In the meantime....Mr. Seventies switched out the SNOW sign....


A sure sign of spring when the winter sign is replaced with the SWIM sign....


And the strings of lights are hung!  Mr. Seventies put them up...maybe to hurry the sun & warm temperatures along....although it has been warm enough to set up a couple of folding lawn chairs and enjoy being outside...





I think I found a suitable cover for the outdoor fire pit!  The previous one is looking a bit worse for wear...last year I had no luck finding a replacement.  I came across this one on Amazon....waiting for it to arrive...hoping it will be a good fit.....



It's looking like the middle of May for work to begin removing the popcorn ceilings!!  I can't wait to have them done & freshly painted...

And lastly....someone must be a Disney fan...notice the Micky Mouse antenna....and those adorable bow tie head cushions!!  I happen to see four elderly ladies getting into the vehicle....how much fun do you think they have??


Be sure and join me later today with Susan over at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!!

And tomorrow with Joanne over at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talk About It Tuesdays and Inspire Me Tuesday at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/

Til next time....

7 comments:

  1. I visited you via Between Naps on the Porch. My entries this week are Apple Turnovers and Hot Tasty Zinger Chicken Wraps. Feel free to join SSPS Linkup M-S: https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of goodies to love here! Free sneakers! The purse is lovely and should last a long time and the shoes from walmart are adorable. I've bought shoes from Walmart before but mostly just inexpensive summer flats. I've ordered from Temu too but just some napkin rings and was pleasantly surprised as they were very pretty. Good to hear about the Canadian sizing too. The yard is shaping up nicely and you'll be in that pool in no time! Take care over there my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim!! Happy Monday!! I've put in another couple of orders on Temu..fingers crossed! And I'm hoping the cute shoes from Wal Mart are nice! Have an awesome week, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who wouldn't love a pair of free sneakers?! That's wonderful. I have seen ads for Temu but have been hesitant to order anything. I am so glad to hear they have worked well for you. I just ordered 2 clothing items from Walmart online and love them both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne! Yup...I'm loving my free sneakers! I was hesitant as well to try Temu...but so far so good! I have another order or two in as well. I've had success also with Wal Mart online - our local store...has virtually no stock...clothes or otherwise. I'm happy Wal Mart worked out for you too! Give Temu a try - free shipping - do a small trial order!

      Delete
  5. Charlotte, sounds like you were busy. What great finds you ordered. Your new purse is so pretty. I order from Temu sometimes too and I have not been disappointed.
    Visiting today from Talking About It Tuesday 16 #22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula & welcome!! Thanks for your sweet words....so far I'm happy with my Temu purchases! Hope you drop back soon!!

      Delete