Followers

Monday, April 8, 2024

Little Bit Of Home Decor Browsing

Today promises to be a gorgeous day with the temperature getting into the double digits!  The forecasted snow last week amounted to a whole lotta rain here!  But no snow - so yay for that!!  Great weather for the solar eclipse!  There's a lot of hype here around it...schools are even shutting down at noon for kids to view it (safely of course).  I'm old enough to barely remember the first solar eclipse I saw...in 1963!  Moving on...

I read where realistic "feel to the touch" flowers had arrived at one of my favourite haunts...so I ventured to check them out.  The parking lot was full....I am unable to share many photos...as the store was busy with shoppers...but check out these daffodils!  They even had me fooled....they look & feel so real!!  Ours are poking through the ground....I can hardly wait until I can pick a bouquet!!  


First shipment of real touch dahlias!!  I'm hoping they get additional colours in....but this shade is very pretty!


I've shown the real touch tulips before....I have a bouquet of faux white tulips in the kitchen!  These are much cheaper....and the same awesome quality...on Amazon.  I support local a great deal....but there is a substantial difference in price between the decor shop & Amazon.  We have so many varieties of tulips in our gardens....I will have enough to last me continually for weeks when they arrive.  My gardener (Mr. Seventies) has them planted so they will bloom at various times!  Now that is a dedicated gardener!



A section of cottage core!  For those who enjoy this style of decorating...there is an abundance of it here!  The wooden lighthouses on the first shelf on the right are new to the shop....


From a pile of lobster cushions....they were down to one!  Lobster fishing is a huge industry here...and when I was going in the store....two cushions were being carried out the door!


I hadn't been to Michaels in ages...things are pretty bare on the shelves....after the Easter rush!  I spotted a couple of things I like though....I wish they had larger sizes of these...


I considered picking this up...something pretty for the back entry...but the roses would be covered up with Mr. Seventies ball cap collection....


I'm crushing on this bee skep!  It would be adorable with a few faux bee critters glued on  it!


A pretty butterfly shaped cushion...Michaels is currently having a buy one - get one for 50% off sale.  I have a gift card idling in my wallet...saving it for fall decor (which will be out before we know it!!)....


Switching gears here....pardon me while I brag a bit about the denims I purchased from Winners (a combination of Home Sense and clothing store).  We don't have a Marshalls store here...I've shopped in the Moncton location though.  

Firstly, check out the size!!  That's right....size 12!!  Not to mention they are made from recycled plastic bottles!!  They are the softest, most comfortable jeans....I'm so happy to have come across them!!!  And on sale!!  A win all the way around!



I'm also old enough to remember "wide leg" jeans!  In my day they were called "bell bottoms"!  Yup...I was a teenage in the hippy days!!  Never thought I'd wear the style again...yet here I am wearing them!

And nothing says "hippy" like Birkenstock clogs!  I loved wearing clogs in my hey day!  I ordered a pair of Birks in this amazing colour!  The strap can be worn on the back or top of them....this colour is called mink...




I struggled to choose a colour.... they were available in black, brown....and this amazing blue!!



I came across this tiered white skirt....at Wal Mart!  I had two of these in my former sizes...and was happy to pick up this one.....in white...very comfortable and perfect for summer!



I can pair it with this knitted tank....from Amazon & in this colour of Army Green....but it can go with anything...


I had a gift card from Reitmans (women's clothing store)....and picked up these cargo denims.  Since I don't wear jeans in the summer....I think I have enough to do me now for wear in the fall....


And lastly, I had ordered this hoodie in a size medium. from a local department store...however it ran small & they only had much larger sizes available at the time.   A new shipment arrived....I was able to pick up a size large....fits much better.  I currently have only two hoodies!



Today is the first day this spring....I've hung bedding on the whirly-gig (clothesline) outside!  Other than swimsuits and pool towels.....bedding is the only items I prefer to hang out!  There is nothing sweeter than the smell of line dried sheets!

I have a nail appointment today.....and hopeful to do some thrift shopping in the coming days!  Even though my days of attending yard sales is long past.....they will soon be starting up!  It has been years since I've taken in a yard sale.  There is a 70 Mile Yard Sale held every September here....too much traffic and climbing in & out of the SUV for me...

Please join me later today at  Between Naps on the Porch https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!

And tomorrow check out these amazing bloggers hosting link parties  - Slices of Life https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays & A Stroll Thru Life - Inspire Me Tuesday over at  https://www.astrollthrulife.net/.    Hope to see you there!

Remember if you are watching the eclipse...please be safe & wear glasses designed to watch it carefully....

Til next time....


10 comments:

  1. h my goodness Charlotte - so many goodies here. The flowers are all gorgeous and I especially love the dahlias. And those jeans are amazing made from recycled plastic bottles. I grew up with the "bell bottoms" too and here they are back in style! Too funny. The tiered skirt is so pretty and skirts are so nice in summer rather than jeans. Love the mink color of the Birks. Hope you enjoy all your new treasures and Happy Monday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! Nice to know you're a hippie gal like me, lol! Trust all is well with you there my friend!!

      Delete
  2. Lots of cute clothing ideas! I love that knitted tank top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne! The knitted top comes in a variety of colours....I may just have to pick up another one!!

      Delete
  3. I love those clothing choices, especially those cute shoes. I could use a wardrobe refresh myself, and I love skirts in the summer. I need to check out Wal-Mart today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina!! And welcome - sorry I'm late to seeing your comment - usually I am notified. No matter - you are here now! I'm so happy you visited...please come back again soon. Good luck finding some clothing treasures at Wal Mart!!

      Delete
  4. Great finds. I've never heard of " feel to touch" flowers before. I'm going to have to seek some out. I agree with you about line dried bedding.
    Visiting today from Talking About It Tuesday 15 #15&16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula!! And welcome!! Hope you are able to find "real touch" flowers...they really do look & feel "real"! I've seen some, in craft stores...but they are more "paper" feeling. Check Amazon...their prices are usually better!

      Delete
  5. Often tell my younger girls about some fashions taht are being repeated. Some are better and some are not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda!! Isn't that so true!! I never thought I'd wear "wide leg" jeans again...yet I'm loving them! I just hope "plat form" shoes don't ever come back in style!! They say, "what's old...is new again"...

      Delete