Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Few More Finds

It's great when the weather is nice...and you are able to get out and about!  We've been able to pop the fold up lawn chairs on the deck & enjoy the sun & fresh air!

A few weeks back I nominated my daughter in a local Fashion City Day Makeover contest...(it slipped my mind to clue her in..).  The contest gave an opportunity to nominate a deserving woman for a make over...consisting of a clothes shopping session with a stylist & an outfit of daughter's choice to keep, hair & make-up session at an exclusive salon....and a photo session with a local photographer....as well as a wonderful gift bag of treasures!  

My girl, with all the challenges & health concerns & issues with their little one, since she & her husband welcomed  their baby girl  (just as Covid reared its head)....no one deserves to be pampered more!  As a full time working Mom....(who seldom pampers herself)...she gives 100% to everyone else....and so deserving of a bit of pampering!

So I'm excited to share....she is one of four lucky winners!!  She was very surprised when she received the call!  (since I did forget to advise I nominated her....).  The contest was a collaboration between a local radio station...and a car dealership (only dealership here owned by a local woman). 

I was honoured to nominate her...and share a bit of her story..... coping with a very sick newborn, feeding tubes, running on adrenaline &  little sleep...numerous trips to hospitals...the first few months following her birth... (at 12 weeks of age she required an eight hour open heart surgery).   Thrilled to share she is now a healthy, thriving little gal!   Strong...like her Mom!   Daughter has asked I join her for her makeover...can't wait!

I came across this adorable guy on a venture to Home Sense!  If you've been here a while, you may remember we visited my nephew & wife in Nova Scotia in November....they are paw-rents to two Frenchies!  This guy will be perfect for placement outdoors....perhaps by their front door.  Liesel is not a fan...




I found this Christmas gnome Scentsy warmer...brand new on FB Marketplace!  Originally sold for $66...I snagged him for $10...still in the box.  Tucked him away for now....


I'm usually hard core Egyptian cotton sheets for the bed....but thought I'd give these 100% cotton sateen sheets (Amazon) a try!  I love them!  They are the softest sheets ever with a 400 thread count & washed & dried perfectly...I'm glad I gave them a try in this soft pink colour....




I picked up a few more items for summer wear...I've been eyeing this sweater for weeks now...it had previously sold out.  When they were able to bring a few more in....I snagged it!   Since warmer weather will be coming....I chose a pair of denim Bermuda shorts at another shop....


This pretty turtleneck was on clearance...I love the detail on the sleeves...a great fall & winter piece...


I tried this cute dress on in the shop...I hesitated at first...as it is short sleeve & I'm self conscious about my upper arms...(and legs).   Losing weight has been awesome...but toning is another matter!  Of course...aging doesn't help.   A couple of ladies shopping at the same time...assured me it looked great on....and not to worry about my arms...but to purchase what I like...

So with that boost in my confidence....it came home with me!  I could always pop on a cover up...the fabric is so soft and comfortable!



And that is about it from my little corner of the globe!  Numerous errands to run today....and a walk scheduled with Liesel...who is doing better...tummy-wise.  I chose for the time being, not to have the ultra sound done on her tummy....this issue did not suddenly crop up...but has been ongoing for years.    I prefer to give the prescribed medication & new diet a chance...and it is definitely working.  The vomiting has decreased immensely....and her appetite is so much better!  Should that change...then we will forge ahead with the ultrasound.  So all good news...

Until next time....



No comments:

Post a Comment