Followers

Monday, April 22, 2024

Weekend Happenings

Mondays seem to roll around quickly, don't they?  I tagged along with daughter since she was chosen for the Fashion Day Makeover contest I mentioned in my last post.  She was one of four lucky winners...out of 150 submitted nominations!  Upon arrival at the mall, we shopped at Eclipse, a ladies fashion shop...daughter had filled out a fashion survey prior to the day & Eclipse was chosen as a good fit for her casual, clothing style!  She chose a great pair of jeans, three tops & a knee length 3/4 sleeve cover-up.  Perfect for a busy, on-the-go Mom!

The next shop we visited was a shoe store...where she chose a comfortable pair of leather sneakers...in a pretty pale pink colour.  Perfect to complete her outfit!  

Then she was off for hair styling & make up!  Once completed...we were treated to a delicious lunch at Redwater Rustic Grille!  My first visit...and it did not disappoint!  Mr. Seventies & I will be dining there in the future!

After lunch...there was a photography session - each winner had numerous photos taken...and will receive the results in the upcoming days.  Daughter also did a quick interview with the sponsor radio station - she did amazing...praising the experience & the fun she was having!  

While she was in hair & make up...I took the opportunity to peruse a shop in the mall...Luna Eclectic Emporium!  



These fish mugs look very familiar..I have a set of three from another shop...





The above dachshund planter caught my eye....there is such a wide variety of items in this shop!

A full corner devoted to children's items!  I was short on time...and with 2200 square feet of jammed packed shopping space...I need to do a second visit...


Oh...the clothes & footwear choices!  I barely touched on the inventory available...I am crushing on this amazing footwear....known as Asportuguesas...





I'm crushing on the boots - Softinos they are called.  Soft as butter and so comfy.....

A huge selection of leather handbags, totes & small back packs!  I would have a hard time choosing only one!


And the clothing...I came across so many beautiful pieces...this sweater being just one ....available online on their website https://papillon.ca/. Since I was in a time crunch...I wasn't able to browse long...or try anything on...





Most, if not all the clothing was on sale or marked down!  Definitely worth another visit!  We had a wonderful, full day at the event & so pleased I nominated daughter...and that she was chosen!

A couple of updates on clothing pieces I had previously shared...remember the tiered skirt I ordered from Wal Mart's website?  It was so very unsuitable!  Firstly, it was too small...and secondly...there were slits on either sides I overlooked that detail when ordering...slits which went way too far up the thighs!!  Also the fabric was very flimsy...and poorly made...



After I returned of the first one - I ordered this gorgeous skirt,  in this colour from Amazon!  No slits...but did I mention it has pockets!!

The quality of this tank style knit top....is amazing!  Unfortunately, it was too loose & baggy under the arms....


As beautiful as the olive green colour is.....I re-ordered it in a smaller size in a soft pink....to wear with the skirt....or I can pair it with just about any bottoms...


Today's forecast is sun with a chance of showers....or flurries!  Not sure if we will see either...especially with temperatures being on the + side....

I'm thinking strongly of having my hair cut short...something along one of these colour as well.  I've had short hair many times in the past....and enjoy the ease of care it requires.  My hair is extremely thick so when it gets long...it feels heavy...and I'm not a fan of spending a great deal of time styling my hair.

I like the simplicity of a wash & go style!   My hair stylist is always on board for changes....since I have an appointment this week...I'll need to make a decision before then!!  It's just hair...it will grow back, right?  Thoughts?  The second photo is my favourite...



We plan to venture to a greenhouse in Summerside in the not too distant future....usually it's May before they open for the season...but there are a couple open for business already...and Mr. Seventies is itching to visit!  He turned the soil in the garden manually....and in the next week or two...will bring the garden tiller from the storage shed....and get the soil ready for this year's planting season.  He usually doesn't plant anything until after the first week of June....when the chance for frost is not such a threat...

Join me later today at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday and again tomorrow at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays and https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday....

I plan a visit to the thrift stores this week....having been sent a coupon to use at one...it's shaping up to be a busy week!

Til next time....

9 comments:

  1. Oh my Charlotte - it sounds like a fabulous day with your daughter! Hair, makeup, clothes, shoes, and lunch. What's not to love? The pink skirt looks so pretty and you can almost see on the model how the tank might be loose under the arms - hope the new size works better and the pink color is divine. Both of those hair cuts are cute and I'm probably not the person to volunteer an opinion since I had short hair practically all my life. But it might be nice for summer - especially when it's hot and humid. Can't wait to see what you decide my friend, and you're right - it will grow back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! We had a wonderful day...thank you!! The skirt & new knit top arrived - they are lovely & fit perfect!! I think I'm going to bite the bullet & go short hair! (I've had it short previously). IT may take a while to grow out the red...and let the gray transformation begin...thank you for your sweet words!

      Delete
  2. Fun fashions, great shop...and on the short hair...I've had to cut mine really short because the white at the sides insists on sticking straight out unless it's really long. Heavy hair also keeps it in place, lol...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sandi!! I agree 100% about the heavy hair keeping in place...my hairs is very thick in areas. And I'm really wanting a "wash & go" hairstyle this summer. And As I tell people...it's hair - it grows back....if I decide to grow it out again.

      Delete
  3. Love that tiered skirt and those clogs! I also am a fan of short hairstyles in natural silver for women - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shopping trip and contest sounds like so much fun. Congrats to your daughter on winning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne - it was such a fun day & shopping trip! And a well deserved prize for my daughter....we had a lovely time!

      Delete
  5. What fun ceramics! I'd be tempted to buy many of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more time to shop...but I do have a trip to go back to the shop & browse some more!! Who knows what I'll come home with!!

      Delete