Followers

Monday, April 1, 2024

New Month - New Goodies!!

 


Welcome to a brand new month!!  It seems spring has sprung....snow has melted & crocus, tulips & daffodils poking through the soil!  We don't usually see them until May or later, depending on how much snow is covering them....but with little snow & more rain this winter....things seem to be popping up early!  Ice & snow in the pool has melted...a good sign.   And I'm loving it.

Introducing #15 in my collection of Gripstand bowls!!  It isn't located here, but rather where my daughter lives in Nova Scotia.  It was too good a deal to pass up...she picked it up for me & will bring it with her when she visits next....



This bowl is 12" in diameter...a great addition.   It's an authentic Gripstand from the UK...as seen by the stamp on the bottom.   There are knock off versions....but I only collect ones that bear the stamp.  I'm a bit obsessed with these bowls...and never know when I'll come across one (which is half of the fun).  Do you collect something fun?  I'd love to hear about your obsessions...


How gorgeous are these yellow small kitchen appliances?  The quality is second to none...the kettle heats up so much quicker than our previous one....


How awesome is this?  The cord is neatly tucked under the base!  Another win-win!!


The matching toaster is just as beautiful!  And the cover on my Kitchen Aid...fits perfect & keeps it dust free & ready for use...


This beautiful bread box will be arriving today!  We needed something a bit larger than our current one..this one should work great!  I chose the antique white finish...as pictured...



We had a busy weekend....we picked up our grand daughter & ventured to Vesey's Seeds to pick up seeds for the upcoming vegetable garden season.  In recent years, we have gone later...usually late May...and their seed stock has been depleted...an earlier trip was warranted....followed by a trip for ice cream!  It was a miserable day weather wise - rain & wind....but worth getting out & about with grand daughter....you can see in this photo how overcast and broody the skies were....


We celebrated a delicious Easter dinner and grand daughter's family birthday party...a wonderful baker made this cake for her...(she's a huge Paw Patrol fan)....


Did the Easter bunny make an appearance where you are?  He found Mr. Seventies & left a stash of chocolate goodies behind....and gifted $$ to me for my continued clothing quest.  That Easter bunny never fails to come through!   We dropped off at goodwill the last two bags of clothes that no longer fit.

Inching closer to having the textured ceilings scraped, repairs if needed & a couple of coats of fresh paint!  Perfect timing would be the end of April....towards the first of May.  I been wanting this done since forever!  It will be the first checked off our "to do" list....

Be sure & join me later today at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!!

And again tomorrow...show some love to amazing bloggers at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays and join Lyndsey at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Happy Hearts and Homes....

Today promises to be a nice day....not a statutory holiday...everything retail is open...perfect day to get out and about...

Til next time....





8 comments:

  1. Charlotte, the new yellow appliances are lovely and I'm happy for you that your daughter was able to get a good deal on the Gripstand bowl. I used to collect Sid Dickens memory blocks but haven't added any in years (no room). Your grand-girl's birthday cake is adorable - she must have loved it! It sounds like spring has sprung for you with all the flowers peeking through. We are to get more snow here on Thursday - ugh. Happy April and I hope the new bread box is perfect. Take care over there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! Ugh...more snow there? I've heard the odd rumbling of snow in Nova Scotia...but none forecast for us....yet. Have a great week my friend!!

      Delete
  2. I have a little Paw Patrol sweetie of my own (my 2-year-old great granddaughter) so I couldn't help admiring the cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...so cute! They do love Paw Patrol! Can't believe our little tyke turns 4 today!!!

      Delete
  3. Your new appliances look wonderful and so loving the bread box! And what a cute cake for your granddaughter! I bet she loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellibelle & welcome!! Thank you....I love my appliances! The bread box arrived today...so will post photo in the up coming days!!

      Delete
  4. That bowl is lovely and matches your new yellow appliances nicely too. That is one talented baker to make that beautiful cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne!! The talented baker....is a gentleman...from Lebanon!! Sweet guy & and excellent at cakes!!!

      Delete