Followers

Monday, April 29, 2024

Monday Mash Up

Good morning friends!  It's currently sprinkling a bit here...supposed to clear off as the day goes on!  We've had a busy few days & today is our daughter's birthday!  Her husband has a birthday in a few days...we celebrated with them over the weekend!

We enjoyed a delicious bar-be-cue...and since daughter's favourite cake is cherry cheesecake...we thoroughly enjoyed this one!  


I ordered from a local bake shop...it was probably the best cheesecake ever.....hands down!!   Her colleagues as work are hosting a luncheon & party for her & another co-worker celebrating today as well...


I mentioned a few posts back I came across another Gripstand bowl from FB Marketplace...this one was located here...but a couple of hours from us.  The amazing seller dropped it off a few days ago....I am so excited to add it to my collection!


After days of these baskets ruminating around in my head...I ordered a set!  I found them about $50 lower in price on eBay....I cannot wait for them to arrive!   Are you like that too?   You see something & you just can't get it out of your mind?  Well...that's me.   The heart wants what the heart wants!  I'll share when they arrive....



We had grand daughter for an afternoon...and had so much fun with her!  We spent some time feeding ducks in a local pond, went for ice cream, enjoyed a visit to a huge park down town on the waterfront....finishing up our play date...dining at her favourite restaurant..."the Donalds".... AKA McDonalds!

The weather was absolutely gorgeous....finding a parking spot proved a challenge...but we finally were able to find one....just look at that beautiful harbour view....


One of our favourite garden centres opened...Mr. Seventies wanted to check out the stock...see if there was anything he might "need"....  


While he went to checkout the plants & shrubs....I made my way to the gift shop...and was not disappointed!  I have such a weakness for garden gnomes....



A couple of adorable dachshund planters!  Or at least they resemble dachshunds to me....


There was a great supply of planters on hand....these mushroom ones are gorgeous....could see them sitting on a windowsill....


If this trike had been a bit larger....I would have snagged it & placed a faux plant in the cart....(real plants have a short life span with me..)


This throw is gorgeous....and so soft!  I'm crushing hard on the bumble bees too!


These salt & pepper shakers are hysterical!  And such likeness to the Royals...


When I finished browsing I ventured into the greenhouse...we sat & enjoyed an ice cream and the beautiful fountain....you can see the hanging baskets full of annuals...in a few short weeks they will be brimming over with flowers....there were numerous perennials & annuals being purchased...


We were able to spot five or six fish in the pond....you can see a few in this photo....


If weather co-operates we plan to motor to Summerside & check out Mr. Seventies favourite greenhouse there....and hope to have grand daughter tag along...

Join me today at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday....always a fun time sharing with other bloggers....

And tomorrow I'm hanging out with Joanne at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays & at https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday.  Drop on over and show some amazing bloggers a bit of love!

Things are starting to bud & poke through the soil!  The daffodils & hyacinth are blooming....and we're going to have an abundance of tulips!  Mr. Seventies has the vegetable garden tilled....I suspect he will plant some onions this week...even if we have frost overnight....it won't hurt them...

Have an amazing day & hope to see you next time....



16 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte. It is currently sleeting here with snow expected overnight. Glad to hear your weather is better there! Happy birthday to your daughter and the cherry cheesecake looks delicious - hope all enjoyed. It is definitely the time of year when the gardening centers are magical and I can't wait to get out and browse - you have some really cute finds there. The harbor is just gorgeous and I agree that the S & P shakers are hysterical. Wishing you a lovely week my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kim!! Ugh - sleet & snow is no fun! I'm hoping the weather does a complete turn around there! It's cooler here today...and windy...and like you, I enjoy the garden centres when they are in full bloom!! Have an awesome week, my friend!!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to your daughter! That greenhouse/ garden center looks like such a fun place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne! Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes to our daughter...she & her husband had a great celebration with us! Greenhouses these days have a little bit of everything from gift shops, to ice cream parlours...and lawn decor!! We enjoy visiting them this time of year!!

      Delete
  3. That bowl is beautiful! The royals S&P shakers are hilarious! Happy birthday to your daughter. I am a cherry cheesecake fan, too. Visiting from Talking About it Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer!! Aren't the salt & pepper shakers too funny!! Thank you for your sweet birthday wishes for daughter...oh...that cherry cheesecake was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!! It's my favourite as well!!

      Delete
  4. That cheesecake looks very good. What a beautiful view of the harbor. I love water almost as much as our dear mountains. '
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn!! Some beautiful day, I will head to the waterfront & capture more photos...it is beautiful here...but oh, I'd love a mountain view!! Blessings to you as well!!

      Delete
  5. That dessert looks amazing. I hope you’re having a great day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheesecake was delicious! Hope you are having a awesome day too!!

      Delete
  6. Been to PEI and just loved it.
    What a great find, love that mixing bowl. Had one yonks ago, but with the move across the globe it did not make it over as well.
    I visited you via A Stroll Through Life: Inspire Me Tuesday. My entries are numbered #52+53
    Please join SSPS: M-S https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome that you've visited PEI!! Hope you are able to come back soon! We are CFA - what true Islanders call anyone not born here - Come From Away! Not far...from New Brunswick...but we've called PEI home since 1983..youngest daughter was born here!! Sorry your bowl didn't make the journey!!

      Delete
  7. More delightful ceramics! The S&P shakers made me laugh. I loved seeing the bright blue water stretching out to the horizon as I live in a mountain state in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the shakers too funny? Oh...I'd give anything to have a mountain view!!

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love those cute baskets and the mushroom planters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the baskets amazing, Gina? I just had to order them! And I love the mushroom planters too...

      Delete