Followers

Monday, April 23, 2018

Weekend Happenings

Spring has finally arrived on our beautiful Island!  Sun and double digit temperatures are forecast for this week!

Mr. Seventies has been busy raking lawns and clearing out flower beds.  He removed our window boxes as they required repair...once he has finished scraping and sanding the old paint off...they will be ready for a fresh, new look!

I was off to the hardware store in search of a new paint colour for them!  I had originally planned to paint the window shutters as well...but upon further inspection...they really don't need to be done.  And I love the current colour...which happens to be..Tibetian Orange, same colour as the pool deck walls.

I've been waiting as well to paint our front door...currently white...until I found a colour as well.  There is an awesome machine at HD that allows you to scan the bar code of your paint chip...and it brings up co-ordinating colours to go with it!

Enter the colour of choice....Vixen!  It was so close to one I had previously chosen....I was happy to be on the right track.  And two opinions can't be wrong?  Right?

The paint chip on the right is the current shutter colour...and the left is going to be the window boxes new colour.   Pretty bold!  Keeping in mind our house is boring beige...and needs a punch of colour.  I'm considering granny smith apple green for the front door..but need to think on that a bit more.

The paint counter was busy when I was there...sun and warmer temperatures bring people out as we are all anxious to get spring projects done and homes and yards freshened up.  A friendly lady waiting for paint to be mixed was quite intrigued when she saw my paint choices and asked what I was painting.  I hesitated to answer...a little embarrassed she might think I was a bit out there.  But her response?  "Going to be stunning!"  Now, she could have been just being nice...but I felt she was sincere...I have always been one to follow my own heart and instincts...even if she hadn't been real...I'm ok with that too.



My friend and I attended a flower making worshop!  Nothing more fun than a great group of ladies, all sitting around splattered in paint and having a fun time!

The pieces were thankfully cut (from wood) when we arrived....we were required to pick our paint colours and get down to business!  The four gals at our table...all chose to do sunflowers!  Great minds think alike!


And here are all our flowers!!  I wanted one in every colour!!   


Mr. Seventies hung my sunflower on the exterior deck wall for me.  Loving the "folk art" vibe it gives!  The sun was just starting to come around to that side of the deck...just look at that blue sky!!




The host of the workshop was selling off some of her Christmas items...so I happily purchased this amazing sign.  Very popular here standing on a door step or deck during the holiday season!  I'm obsessed with the plaid!



How cute is this adorable planter I purchased at Winners in the home goods section!  Going to look adorable on the front step full of some pretty annuals!  The planters were available in different shapes and sizes...I chose the oval shape...it will hold a fair number of pretty flowers!


Hoping this great weather continues so the pool company can come again and assess the damage and do the necessary repairs to the pool.  As a rule...we open the pool and get it up and running by the long weekend in May...sometimes before.   Mr. Seventies has assured me, one way or another...there will be a pool operational again!  Yay!!






No comments:

Post a Comment