Followers

Monday, April 9, 2018

My Favourite Things...

Winter just does not want to release it's grasp on us...it snowed a bit here overnight.  Not much...but enough to give us a white covering.  Every year we become impatient for signs of spring...forgetting things move a little "slower" in PEI.  We are surrounded by water...and that water is cold...so add that with a brisk wind...and you've got cold temps.  But the trees are starting to bud...and the sun is out today...so there is that.

I was browsing my favourite craft store over the weekend...and they are more than gearing up for warmer weather.  Here are a few of my picks for sprucing up your home for spring and summer...

These adorable succulents...so freaken' cute...and faux!  Even better...although real succulents require little care...these ones just might need the occasional dusting.  My kind of plants.


 Remember string art, back in the day?  Yah...I never had the patience to attempt it...but it's making a come back (as is macrame..who knew?).   This adorable sign would look awesome anywhere!



And lanterns...of any shape and size are gorgeous!  These can be used in any season...summer nights with candles on the deck...or filled with pretty balls and Christmas time...or as a gorgeous centre piece...place a pretty wreath around it...instant decor!




And so many pretty outdoor rugs to choose from..I have a couple of these...they really cozy up a space outside...and protect the deck flooring from the elements...and just plain feel good under the feet!



You have no idea how much I wanted to buy this cabinet!  It would be perfect in our main bath...but the sticker price was ridiculous....even with a BOGO promotion on.  I just couldn't pull the trigger...so to speak...


Same with this sign...really could see it in our master bedroom...I'm considering taking a second look!



This was just so adorable...could see it hanging in a window...it's faux as well....but the little vase stole my heart...



Okay...so this one was a head scratcher...but I suppose there is a niche for everything.  But putting rocks in a plastic jar and selling them?  I guess for craft projects...I'd just need to walk around my neighbourhood and wash off a few stones!


And this water can...I'll show you in another post the floral arrangement I put together with it.



And I put this vignette together right in the store...I thought this all would be so pretty sitting on a coffee table or dresser!  I think some folks thought I worked there...hahaha!



So, that is where I hung out on a dark & drizzly overcast Saturday.  Enjoyed walking about and looking at some pretty things!

No comments:

Post a Comment