Followers

Friday, April 27, 2018

Antique Vanity Find

This seventies split "boasts" three small bedrooms...the master, a guest bedroom and a third that Mr. Seventies has dubbed the "dressing" room, formerly our daughter's bedroom.  She is newly married and shares a new home with her wonderful husband.

Some turn an extra room into an office, a work out or craft room...none of which I need.  What I did need was a place to sit and do my hair, make up, etc.  So I began searching for a vanity.  I knew I didn't want one built from pressed wood..but the ones I was finding were large, bulky and not to mention heavy.

There's a beautiful antique shop in Summerside....Rose Cottage Antiques...(check out their FB page). I contacted the wonderful lady who runs the shop to inquire if they happen to have a vanity...and through a series of messages and photos...she had just what I was looking for!  Mr. Seventies and I decided to take an afternoon drive to Rose Cottage...and my heart skipped a beat when I saw "her".

And she fit in our SUV just fine...after being carefully wrapped for her final destination...we brought her home.

I love the delicate curve of her mirror.  She was built in the 1930's by Rockford Furniture Company in the US.  Wouldn't it be amazing to know her journey?

There are two drawers on either side, great for storing hair dryer, straightener, extra make up, and brushes and combs.



In searching for a chair, which needed to be a certain height to accommodate comfortable seating, I found this comfy ottoman at Home Sense...the cover lifts off for extra storage as well.  Score!  It suits my needs perfectly!



In the vanity mirror you can see my storage cabinet which houses extra bath towels, wash cloths, shampoos and hair products.   The room is still a work in progress...I love having a place all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment