Followers

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Second Time's A Charm!!

You know you've been living in a house a while...when you've undergone not one, but two main bath remodels!   How I wish I had photos to show the original in all it's glory...from it's lime green and yellow shag carpet to avocado sink, toiled and tub/shower combo!

It was one of the first remodels we did...out of necessity.  The tiling surrounding the tub/shower had cracked and while we intended to only replace the cracked tile...Mr. Seventies discovered water had leaked in behind the tile!  So, we were in full gut mode!!

We got three quotes for the job...and settled on a well reputed company.  Keeping in mind...this was the ONLY bath in the house a the time...with three young girls, hubby and myself!  So, it had to happen fairly fast.

We stole a few inches from the bedroom next to the bath...to accommodate a whirlpool tub..as the tub and shower were now going to be separate areas.  Remember when jet tubs were all the thing?  Yah...happy to see that hauled out the door (a farmer hauled it away...a holder for his pig feed...go figure).  The shower, vanity with sink were donated to Habitat for Humanity.

So..with a new broom...clean sweep as the say.  When "designing" the bathroom...again...I noticed things that were classic in the old days....are still classic today!  You know what I mean?  You can spot a 70's or 80's vibe when you see it!  I don't have any before photos....but the colour scheme prior to this renovation...was burgundy and gray!  Enough said..

Here is the main bath today...luv, luv, luv the four legged sink!  Since I could not find what I wanted locally...I turned to the wide world web and ordered one!




Same with the light fixture...nothing I found in the area was close to what I had envisioned for the bath...so did some scouring on the net...and ordered exactly what I had been searching for!!



This is the view from the hall..(sorry the tissue holder is "out there'...normally it is tucked back a bit)...and my oval mirror has been moved to my "new to me dressing room"...more on that at another time.   You get a glimpse of the shower to the right....




The shower area is huge...chose subway tile for the walls and ceiling...with the hexagon tiles as an accent.  Not seen in the photo is a rain head shower head.   The glass is easy to clean...it was coated with a product that repels water droplets.  And a quick wipe down after a shower keeps spots from drying.


My favourite part of this whole bath...is the tub and floor faucet with a sprayer option! (as mentioned, the oval mirror has sense found a new home across the hall).


And if you haven't figure out my quirkiness by now...my cow canvas will confirm it!  I just love their facial expressions!  


I chose the turquoise wall colour to pop against the white of the bead board and while fixtures.  It is one of my favourite colours in the house. 

Since our home doesn't have an "ensuite"....and we are empty nesters...this room serves as that.

Mr. Seventies put two coats of paint on the window boxes yesterday...one more should finish them.  And I chose a gorgeous green for the front door...here are the colour combos...Behr from Home Depot.  They should brighten up the front of the house quite nicely along with a new front step built last year...an awaiting a couple coats of stain.  Pressure treated lumber usually needs a season to cure...so the steps will be ready to stain this year, using a Semi Transparent stain in the same colour as the floor decking around the pool and back deck.

for the front door...


No comments:

Post a Comment