Followers

Monday, July 23, 2018

Eventful Weekend!!


The weather has been very hot and humid...so thankful we have the pool finished to enjoy!  The water temperature had reached 28 degrees yesterday afternoon!  Warmed by Mother Nature!
And I've been having fun in my flamingo..we have no shortage of pool floats!



On Saturday we drove to North Rustico...a small village about 30 km from us...to take in a production at the Watermark Theatre...which seats approximately 100-110 people.  The name of the play was  "Dial M for Murder"  which was old move in the 1950's!


This is the main stage..sorry the photos aren't great..taken with my cell phone...and no photos or recording devices were allowed once the play started.


This will give you an idea how intimate the setting is..these were the seats to the left of us...ours were centre about 4 rows back.


We throughly enjoyed the play...which ran about 2 hours with a 15 minute intermission.  Afterwards, we stopped at the infamous Fisherman's Wharf for supper!  I'm not a fan of sea food like Mr. Seventies...but as the sign says...they have a huge salad bar buffet!



This salty old fella was there by the door to greet us!  


Right next door to the restaurant is a beautiful wool shop!  I've longed to go in and browse..and Mr. Seventies indulged me....


A really great shop with beautifully knitted sweaters, mitts, hats, wraps, jackets...and the list goes on. I didn't purchase anything (to Mr Seventies surprise)...but I did see a gorgeous oatmeal cardigan I fancied!!




I want to share what happened very early this morning.  Mr. Seventies heard something outside in our pool.  He went out to investigate...and soon realized an animal was in our pool!!!  Now the solar blanket cover was on...so he was not able to have a clear vision.  His first thought was a fox had somehow gotten in the pool....when he quickly realized it was not a fox....but a medium size dog!!

He quickly jumped in the pool and lifts the dog out to safety, brings her in the house...and awakens me excitedly telling me a dog had fallen in our pool!!  I jumped out of bed and grabbed a towel & we wrapped the dog & thankfully there was a collar with tags!!  Turns out....she belongs to our neighbours behind us!  Jesse is a 15 year old cocker spaniel...I didn't recognize her as she was dripping wet and shaking terribly!!  

We called the phone number on her tag...and her Mom & Dad came quickly!  Jesse is blind...they fear she nudged open their door and slipped out un-noticed....it was very early morning and everyone was still asleep! 

They were so appreciative and thankful to Mr. Seventies for saving their beloved girl!  Jesse is very well taken care of and loved.  A tragic accident was avoided!  My hubby...my hero!!

But then again...he has always been my hero!!












No comments:

Post a Comment