Followers

Friday, July 6, 2018

Peonies are Blooming!!


First of two peony bushes are a blooming with gorgeous colour!  I just had to pick a fresh bouquet.  Now I'm not the only one who loves peonies....so do ants!!  A trick I use, is once cut I plunge the flowers in a bucket of cold water and leave them for about a half hour or so.  Then rinse them again in fresh cold water...and that takes care of any ants that may be in the blossoms.  


The second peony bush has huge, pink blossoms...they resemble oversize cabbage roses.  Mr. Seventies reports it is ready to bloom any day now.  

We've had some intense heat the last few days...and while I'm not complaining...it's disheartening not to have the pool operational...yet.  I was assured it would be repaired this week...and my calls and emails have gone unanswered.  I'm going to give it until next week...and if the company does not respond...I will go in..request our liner deposit be returned...and advise they have lost a customer.   At this stage, we are losing valuable summer enjoyment...and if they don't intend to show up...we will check with other pool establishments.  Which likely means an even longer wait...but frustration is getting the best of us.  I understand it's a busy time of year, especially for pool companies...but a returned phone call or email...takes mere minutes.  Even after a visit to the pool shop did not seem to accomplish much for us.  

Update on my slipcovers...I shipped my old ones off last week and they arrived safe and sound at the seamstress'.  Yesterday, I ordered the fabrics (having them shipped directly to her).  There was a change of fabric choices...as the skirting material I chose was a polyester (cotton lined)..and she wasn't sure how the polyester would work with the cotton...once washed. 

Not wanting to risk too much shrinkage with the polyester..I decided to forgo it.   Still going with this fabric for the seat and back cushions...


And this navy twill for the body of the sofa and chair.  The piping on the cushions will be piped in this navy as well.  It's a very durable, heavy cotton twill....perfect for slip covers.


I really wanted to use this fabric for the slipcover skirts...but it states it must be dry cleaned..it's not really conducive to our needs.  


The seamstress is going to pre-shrink all the fabric prior to sewing them.  Depending on when she receives the fabric (shipping stated 5-7 business days)...she will get started on them immediately and they will be finished the middle of the month and shipped.

Much cooler air today...showers in the forecast.  The weekend weather looks great..Mr. Seventies plans to have mulch delivered and spread in the flower gardens!  We've already had spinach from the veggie garden!

Have a great weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment