Followers

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The Urge to Purge


With all the chatter on the Internet about getting things organized...it has struck the urge to purge in me!  After all...there are only so many bedskirts, comforters and household things you can use!

I have spent the better part of this week sorting...putting things into three piles...things I use and can't part with, things to sell in the local classifieds and another pile for the goodwill shops.
And I went through our clothes closets...and if I didn't love it or wear it in the last 6 months...out it went!  The SUV was full of goodies for the goodwill shop!  We have what's called a Mission store, it's run by volunteers and the prices are really reasonable.  (it previously was called Bibles for Mission...but it was shortened to the Mission Store). They were thrilled to get my bags of "stuff".

I feel like my home can breathe!  One lady dropped by to pick up an item...and she sweetly complimented by saying we have a beautiful home!  What a dear she was..she said she admires our home whenever she drives by!  Who knew?  This old Seventies split appeals to people!  *fist pump*

On other fronts...I clumsily took a short tumble down the back steps...just a couple of steps...and I didn't break anything.  Only bruised my good knee and my ego!  Thank goodness Liesel heard me calling Mr. Seventies...she barked and alerted him to a noise outside!  Just me...sitting in a pile of snow!  Nothing a good soak in a hot bath didn't cure.

Mr. Seventies is having a tooth extracted this afternoon.  Sadly, a root canal could not save the tooth...as it was discovered a crack was in the tooth.  It's a back tooth...so not feasible to do an implant...but still sad to lose a tooth.  Speaking of implants....I had my last implant finished yesterday.  Two oral surgeries and seven months later! Done and done.

We've had one messy storm...and another mess on the way...this one is mostly rain.  Which is fine with me!  Prefer rain to snow any day!

So, that's my news.  I haven't been out and about much...my friend and I are thinking of painting a pottery piece on Friday.  There's a choice of making your own piece or painting a piece previously made.  The shop is called the Happy Potter...looking forward to checking it out!

Here's to the rest of your day being awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment