Followers

Friday, January 4, 2019

Winter Wonderland

Happy Friday!!  Winter has hit us early and hard this year!  With the exception of mild, rainy weather before Christmas...we've had some snow days!  And meteorologists are forecasting not one but two storms on the horizon!

With that, I decided to take a few photos of our current winter wonderland!




The pool is completely snowed in!  This is the first year we have used a pool cover...and I guess it is doing it's job.



View from the small deck...


Nice little snow drift at the far end of the driveway....



The front lawn...always looks so barren this time of year....



This is the empty field behind our house. (land is up for sale...about 5 acres I believe)...it's been empty since we moved here in the late 80's).  I remember when the trees on the right were planted...you could step over them!  About twice a year, during the summer the land owner cuts the field down so it doesn't get overgrown.  Just wish he would wait until after the lupins have come out!



Mr. Seventies has always dubbed our home "Rabbit Hound Inn".... a few years back a friend made up this sign for me to give him.  We put it at the back of the house....lest we have tourists in the summer looking for a room for the night!  



It's currently snowing...seems to be a pattern.  Remember the adorable snowman tart burner I ordered?  It has arrived and is as cute as anything!  And after I ordered it...the price dropped from $29.99 to $9.00!!!   A whopping $20 price drop!! 


I contacted Bed Bath and Beyond and the customer service representative is going to credit the $20!  I mean...if it had been $4-$5 I would have not bothered...but $20 is quite a price drop!  And BBB were more than obliging...very happy to say!  The other burner is still the same low price of $14...it is a fall theme one.  

On that note....have an awesome weekend!  Hopefully we won't be "snowed in".  A few winters ago...2015 I think...we received 84 cm in one storm alone!!  We dubbed is "Snowmageddon".  I'll share those photos at a later date!





No comments:

Post a Comment