Followers

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Throwback Thursday

I thought it would be "fun" to share some photos from February 2015...when we received 84 cm of snow!  A huge storm is forecast for this Sunday night and into Monday....potential for 30 cm with this one!


This is our SUV...buried in snow!  Mr. Seventies needed to trudge his way through the snow and tie an orange ribbon to the antenna on the roof...so our blower contractor would not hit the car!
Snow plows are used mostly for our highways, businesses and main roads....private contractors use tractors with blower attachments to clean driveways.  Once behind our SUV was cleared out...Mr. Seventies moved it out of the way so the rest of the driveway could be cleared.




After the snow was cleared out...and quite a bit of shovelling still needed to be done!  Wow...those are some snowbanks.  Mr. Seventies needed to shovel the banks at the end of the driveway down...just to be able to pull onto the road!



So much snow!  It was very dark....kind of spooky in the downstairs...as snow covered all the windows...and we could barely see out the large family room window!  Being able to shovel a path to the front door didn't happen right away!


The pool and deck area....you can see the pedway is fully blocked with snow!


Good times!  Not. 

Back to present day...I ordered a second pair of Blundstone boots.  I have one pair currently, in black...but have been crushing on the red stone colour.  Seldom do Blundstone go on sale...but not only did I find a good price on them...but an additional 10% off for signing up to the site!  That's a $24 savings right there....and free shipping to boot!!  (pun intended).


Since Mr. Seventies and I spent a day purging clothes closets...I ordered some new tops and t shirts as well!  I ordered this one in the mauve colour....to wear with leggings and skinny jeans.


Empire waist style of tops are good for curvy gals like myself!  


And this cute top...again the higher waist is flattering and will look great with jeans!


The two hand bags I ordered previously arrived yesterday...and they are even nicer than the photos!  I love them both, they are perfect size as I do not like to carry a large bag or tote but just the essentials, wallet, cell phone and small change purse.  I'm not one to cart around my whole life in my hand bag! I switch them out often too...so it's not a pain to move everything from one bag to another.

I'll post pics of the bags....and a faux fur throw I picked up at Home Sense the other day.  By the sounds of the impending weather....it will come in handy!








No comments:

Post a Comment