Followers

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Welcome 2019!!




Welcome to a brand new year!!   We celebrated a beautiful Christmas...received too much...ate too much...and did little!  Perfect Christmas vacation!

But now the tree is down, the decorations are packed away for another eleven months and the house is returning to normal.  As much as I love the holidays...it's nice to have a slower pace.   Santa spoiled me..gifting me a new Mac Book Pro!  And it is amazing!  I didn't realize how slow my old tug had become..using my new one is such a pleasure!  

Liesel wants me to share her Christmas "stash"....Santa Paws was very generous to her...she is thoroughly enjoying her new bed along with an adorable red sweatshirt hoodie, dachshund feeding bowl and pretty pink harness (hoping to turn this tomboy into a princess in pink yet!).  Her bed is a pretty mint green colour...she currently is snuggled up in front of the fire...a -21 degree windchill here this morning!


Have you taken in any of the Boxing Day Sales?  I've stuck with my usual on line shopping..traffic and crowds are not my thing.  Not to mention I'm having an issue with an arthritic knee.  

I'll share some of my favourite finds...(these items are not sponsored...I'm just sharing where I ordered from if anyone wants to do the same).  Bed Bath & Beyond has a couple of awesome tart burners...this adorable fall one less than $15.00!


And I couldn't resist this adorable Snowman warmer...along with a package of Candy Cane Crush tarts!  I inadvertently broke my tart burner pot...which prompted me to order a couple of new ones.  I use tarts on a daily basis!  My house always smells amazing!

Amazon had a great deal on Pureology shampoo and conditioner...and a bonus dry shampoo.  I've never tried a dry shampoo...so looking forward to trying it!


I use IT Cosmetics and skin care and am in need of blush.  I ordered a couple...one in cream form..the other a powder.  I'm very light skinned...and finding some of the blushes are giving me an orange tint...so I chose more on the plum tones...I hope I like them...I'll let you know. 


And no shopping spree would be complete without a few new clothes!  I can't wait to receive these leggings...they are fleece and look so warm and cozy!  And on sale at Addition Elle with free shipping to the local store!


And this adorable sweater and skirt from Oak Ridge Fashions, in Ontario! Two cute pieces even just to wear out and about with a pair of warm black tights!  Just my kind of outfit.   I didn't order the hat or mitts...




Two cute tops from Rosegal.  Since the site is new to me...I sized up and really glad I did...they fit perfectly too.!  This gray one is super cute...and so comfy!  Paired it with black corduroy leggings....


I haven't worn this one yet..but it will be great with pair of skinny jeans!  And warm...did I mention I like to be dressed warm?



Even Liesel partook in my shopping spree!  This is a snuggle sack..purchased from the same seller on Etsy where I ordered grand dog Benson's snuggle sack! (which he loves btw).  Liesel currently has one...but it is quite a bit smaller than the ones this awesome lady in Winnipeg makes!  I didn't go all girly-girly on her sack...black with white paw prints exterior fleece...lined with thick black fleece.  Should keep her snuggly warm at night.  Dachshunds are burrowers...they like to be covered up...Liesel is just now enjoying that tradition.  Mostly smooth coat dachshunds burrow...but they were originally bred to "go to ground"...so being in warm, tight places are the norm for them! 


And lastly, I want to share a heartfelt gift I received from a close friend.  In 2016 I lost two family members to cancer...my oldest daughter and my beloved sister.  Cancer is a horrible disease that has robbed so many people of their loved ones.  I am a cancer survivor...having ovarian and cervical cancer in my early twenties.   

This ornament contains little feathers to symbolize wings...and the inscription reads..."Your Wings Were Ready But My Heart Was Not".  I love the birds in flight...which also are a part of my Infinity tattoo.


Phew!  Got all serious there for a moment...but wanted to share my precious gift!  Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy 2019!!








No comments:

Post a Comment