Followers

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

A Few of My Favourite Things

Sorry, I've been MIA the last few days....I was having technical difficulties signing in to my blog.  All good now....

Most of our snow is gone...we had a couple of days of messy, rainy weather...now we are in a polar vortex...so it is cold out there.  I'd rather have the cold than snow...any day.

Mr. Seventies and I were out and about on the weekend...first stop was to drop off our recyclables.  Though they are picked up once a month, on Saturday mornings you can drop them off...great if you have a few bags and cardboard piling up!  First picture shows Mr. Seventies putting blue bags in the proper bins.   Besides the blue bags, we have two large carts...one for compostable materials (green cart) and another for waste (black cart).  They are emptied on alternating weeks...for example tomorrow is "green cart day".  Mr. Seventies wheels the car to the end of the driveway...and Island Waste Management will come along and empty it.   Plastics and papers are kept in blue bags...and picked up one a month...but we usually drop ours off...as it is not far from our house.

Recycling is huge here in PEI...we are...after all... an Island.  Putting garbage into our soil contaminates not only our soil, but our drinking water as well.  So, very little is considered trash.  What can't be recycled...is sent to the Energy from Waste plant, which converts it into heat...for our hospital, businesses, nursing homes and private homes.




So there....all you wanted not to know about our recycling program!  Now onto the pretty...I thought I would share a few of my favourite finds...this sign is farmhouse simple..



And this one gave me a chuckle....



I am so crushing on this lamp...there were two...one is behind this one...I just might have to pick it up for the downstairs family room!  Of course, I didn't think of that at the time...just that I really loved how it looks like it's made of little logs...and the square shade is a awesome!!




And I have a thing for baskets...and these are no exception!  


I don't know about you, but I find this time of year..the stores are conflicted on putting out certain stock!  Some have Valentine decor, which is a non event for me as far as decorating goes.  It's a bit too early to have Easter things out...although I see a bit here and there.  Again...a non decor event for me...and it's way too early to even think about summer decor!   After the overload for Christmas decor...January is such a let down!

I did discover a couple of adorable mugs...which just happen to show my favourite breed....



And speaking of my favourite breed...look who I met out doing some shopping...why it's none other than Miss Chili!!



She is new to Prince Edward Island...having been adopted through a rescue in Texas....(yep...ya'll read that right)...she was brought up by many transport volunteers.   She is wearing the cutest sweater and vest...not yet acclimated to our cold climate...but doing awesome otherwise.  And an abundance of personality...

And finally...a quick rant!  I recently discovered Anthrolopologie (in the US) no longer ships to Canada.   When I inquired as to the reason...I received a canned response about shipping beauty products and larger objects (furniture) was somehow restricted.  Okay...neither of those I have ever ordered...but I have ordered bedding through them....many times!  And now...it's no longer available for shipping?  Ok...no problem...I can spend my $$ elsewhere Anthrolopologie.    

Wishing everyone a great day!!  









No comments:

Post a Comment