Followers

Monday, January 14, 2019

Things Are Just Ducky!!

Finally 99% recovered from our miserable (is there any other kind?) colds.  Let's hope that's it for this winter.  Do you get flu shots?  We sure do...I'm a firm believer they work.

Since cabin fever was settling in...I managed to get out of the house for some much needed retail therapy!  And look who I found in my travels!  I didn't let her get away this time...I quickly set her in my cart!  I know she's not the bunny canvas I fell head over ears for...but this cutie comes in a close second!

After seeing her a few weeks back....I returned to see if she was still available. With no success...I presumed someone else out there with my quirky taste had snatched her up!  But...I suspect she was moved to another location...as I stumbled upon her in a totally different section of the store!  So...she came home with me.  I hung her in the main bath...I wasn't sure if she would clash with my cows...but they all seem to be playing nicely together!



And I couldn't resist these cute dish towels....a pack of two for under $8.


Is anyone a fan of Rae Dunn?  Nice pieces...but a little too plain for my taste.  I'm more of a Pioneer Woman style....lots of patterns and colours...but a number of people like the more simplistic touches,


I must say I am disappointed in the selection of decorator cushions in the stores these days!  I'm still searching for a couple for the master bedroom...but have found nothing.  Nada.  I do love these soft white ones though...but not what I'm looking for. 


While recuperating from the cold...I did some browsing on the Shopping Channel...(never a good idea).  I checked out the clearance section...and found a couple of beautiful leather handbags on sale.  
And yes...I ordered this gorgeous olive green one...its a cross body...which I really like.  Or it can be slung over my shoulder.  It's not big and bulky...just the perfect size for holding my cell phone, wallet, keys, etc. 

I couldn't resist this pretty coral crossbody bag as well...perfect for summer use...

This one has the choice of using the handles or the longer strap for across the body or shoulder.  When purchasing handbags, boots and shoes... I stick with leather.  When treated and taken care of...leather will last for years!  Leather protectant spray is a must!

That's about it for now...we're into cold wind chills again the next couple of days...other than running the odd errand or two...plan to stick close to the hearth.











No comments:

Post a Comment