Followers

Friday, February 8, 2019

Thinking Summer Already!!

The days are flying by...let's hope that continues as I'm dreaming of warmer days and spending time on the outside decks.  There is always lots to do before that happens though.

I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been checking out patio furniture. There is so much to consider, size and use of the furniture and storing it in the off seasons.  Our storage building is in need of replacing...Mr. Seventies built it many years ago...it has seen better days.  I'm wanting to purchase an already built shed...and have it delivered.  Then the lawn mower, roto tiller, pool pump and more can be moved into it and the old building torn down.
Then there is the matter of a new roof...we've already booked the roofing company to do the job.  Not glamorous...but a necessity...and it will be good to have it replaced.

I've been checking out a few stores on line for ideas on outdoor conversation sets...so far this is up for consideration...


The rug is not included...but all cushions come with the set.   Not sure if I need/want/or would have room for the table...but something to think about.   The cushions also come in blue...but I like the punch of red.  Sometimes these sets pop up in online classifieds...so keeping an eye on them as well.  Of course, I will wait until all the outdoor sets go on sale.   There is a lot to consider, such as fitting on the deck, caring for the cushions, taking them off overnight and when it rains and as I mentioned, storage in the off season.   I have a bit to mull over before I make a final decision.   We spend a great deal of time outside on the decks during the summer...so investing dollars to be comfortable is a given.  

On another note, I came across this adorable bath mat...and fell  heart over heels in love with it...


I love the crotchet border and the wording says Love Yourself and I immediately ordered one!  
The cushion covers and eggplant bedskirt have arrived,  just waiting on the quilt and crotchet throw to arrive.  I'll wait til late March before switching out the master bedroom bedding.  

The seed catalogues are arriving and with that, Mr. Seventies starts planning what he want to add to the gardens this year!  I tease we may have to move...as he is running out of room to plant flowers and shrubs!  His oral surgery went well on Tuesday and he is on the mend.  

On that note, I wish you an awesome weekend!!





No comments:

Post a Comment