Followers

Friday, February 1, 2019

New Spectacles and More


Welcome to February!  The one good thing about this month...it is short.  Thirty four years ago today I lost my beloved Mom.  She was then the age I am now!  I still miss her terribly...it seems like a lifetime ago she left us.   In my heart she is still with me.

Another bone chilling day here...windchill is going to warm up to -20 today!  This old gal won't be venturing too far today.  Mr. Seventies is filling the bird feeders for our feathered friends.

I don't know about where you live...but eyewear is extremely expensive here.  My last eye glasses were over $800...and they were nothing special.  I like to change up my glasses...frequently...and now order them online.  It's very simple to do...as measurements are given of each pair...just put in your prescription and you are on your way.  I wear bifocals and always order the lenses with no visible lines and have a stigmatism in one eye...that lens usually costs a bit more.

These are the glasses I ordered a couple of days ago...

Can't wait to receive them...and shipping is free btw.  Sometimes they even have BOGO...I've ordered when they have offered that...and got a pair of prescription sunglasses...free.   There is a compartment in our SUV for them...so they stay in the vehicle to use when I'm driving.

I took advantage of some online sales online at Joe Fresh.  It's a clothing line in a corner of Superstore...a grocery chain.  They have an online site...and both Superstore and Joe Fresh use Optimum points reward system.  I ordered a few tops and sweater...and they cost me not one dime using my points to pay.

I like turtle necks during the cold weather...and they can be worn under other tops for added warmth.  I actually chose three...royal blue, cranberry and black.



This cotton cashmere sweater is so pretty...the colour is Magenta...it will be so soft and warm, 


This turtleneck sweater is a lovely soft grey....


I received word the one item is out of stock...it was pretty waffle knit tunic...in Peacock Blue.  A little disappointed...but may choose something else.

All of these items were on sale...but I paid with my points...and shipping was free!  That's a win in my books!  









No comments:

Post a Comment