Followers

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Fall Decor

Yes, it's true....fall decor is starting to show up in shops!  And I love it!  Don't get me wrong...I'm loving the hot, sunny weather we are happening and I don't want to rush it away....but fall and the pre-Christmas months are my favourite time of year!

While I was looking for a specific basket...I couldn't help but mull about and get some photos....this happy guy greets you as you come in....


An imitation dough bowl...I'm waiting until they go on sale...then I'll snatch one up for Mr. Seventies to stain for me...


Anyone remember the old wash tubs?  I sure do...my first washing machine was a wringer washer...and a wash tub was needed for rinsing clothes....before being hung on the line!  
As a child...I was bathed in one!  The apartment my parents temporarily rented, while our house was being renovated...had no bath tub!   So the wash tub was called into play!  


We don't use butter...but if we did this butter dish would be perfect!  



Red trucks are still popular in decorating....I use mine mostly at Christmas time....and this one is the perfect size...



I'm crushing so hard on these fall chargers!!  And the price was fantastic...buy one get one free!  (or 2 chargers for $8)


A touch of fall.....


And the whole reason for my visit, was to pick up a suitable basket to hold my new reborns!  Introducing, on the left...Summer Rain and Irelyn Marie!


The detail and real life likeness the artist puts into her dolls is nothing short of exceptional.  Reborns are sold in large box stores or mail order....but their quality pales in comparison.  If I was going to invest in reborn dolls...I wanted them to be perfect!  And Christina, the artist,  is a master in her craft.  These dolls are an investment and collector items...with certificates of authenticity.  Each order is custom and while I planned to adopt only one....Irelyn's deal fell through.  I took that as a sign she belonged to me...so Summer Rain has a sweet ginger haired sister!






1 comment:

  1. I love fall too, but not ready to say goodbye to summer! I'm scared to go to my favorite Hobby Lobby, I'm sure it's decked out in Christmas!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete