Followers

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Rainy Weekend

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Canada Day!  Activities were rained out here...as is poured most of the day and very windy.  It's been our pattern of weather for a few days now.  I'm hopeful we will be able to enjoy the new patio furniture and the pool...perhaps later in the week.  We currently have the pellet stove running!

Mr. Seventies and I took in a production over the weekend at Harmony House in Hunter River, a short drive from our house.  A fun date night!  We enjoyed a delicious meal before the show...in the lower level of the theatre.  Very cozy atmosphere and a great number of other folks doing the same,  Cameras are typically not allowed in theatres...but I have to share these amazing steps and handrails leading to the downstairs restaurant....


The building itself was just as fun!  The handrail, built by hand was very sturdy.We had an enjoyable evening.  We have tickets to another production in North Rustico in August...we attended a show there last summer and it was a good time!  We saw a matinee showing followed up by a delicious meal at North Rustico Lobster Supper.  We've switched it up this year...we will go for dinner first...then see an evening production,  

And I collected my mirror!  I purchased it from Lily Hill Hideaway in NB.  The owner's husband and daughter were on the Island, I think for a youth group camping meet up.  Not the weather for it for sure...but young people don't mind the weather...they made the best of it and had a great time!  I was able to meet them just down the road from our house...and I'm so happy with my mirror!
I think the front entry is the perfect spot!  It is quite a large piece...and required a large space.




This is a bit of a close up....I love it!!  It is exactly as I pictured it in my mind...maybe even better!



A break in the rain allowed Liesel and I to stroll about the yard...everything looks so green!   Did you notice the dead tree on the left?  It was a Sand Leaf Cherry..they don't live for ever.  There were two of them on the property when we purchased the house in 1988.  One died a couple of years ago...and now the second one is gone.  It will be recycled though....great wood for the outdoor fire pit!



With such little sun the past week, our Bridal Wreath Spirea was not able to reach her full potential!  That is her in the back...still gorgeous...but she needed a few days of sun to really blossom out!



Picked up a couple of Levi sweatshirts.  These are so great and not thick and heavy.  Perfect for days when a bulky sweatshirt is not needed.  I purchased both colours....


The down side is they run really small!  I was puzzled at first, but after reading the reviews stating how small they fit...I went up two sizes to get the look and feel I like.  They wash great too, but don't toss in the dryer....hang to dry.  They could shrink in the dryer.



Hoping you have a great Tuesday!!






No comments:

Post a Comment