Followers

Friday, July 26, 2019

Last Weekend in July

Can you believe how fast July has flown by?  Why the summers go by so quickly...yet the winter months drag on forever?

Its forecast to be a hot and beautiful weekend here.  Mr. Seventies is heading out to purchase a new lawn mower...it seems our current one is giving him nothing but grief...and one or more of the wheels keep falling off.  I agree...time to retire it and buy a new one.  I'll leave it up to him where and what he choses to get.  In August he wants to get started building a new storage shed!  And not a moment too soon...the old one is needing to be torn down,  It's a 8 x 10 shed..it's served us well over the years.  I know he intends to build the new shed larger...to store the roto tiller, lawn mower, various lawn tools, leaf hedger and odds and ends of small tools.  Again, that is his domain, I leave the specifications up to him....

I was out running errands the other day....and came across some really great decor....at Wal Mart of all places?  Who knew?  Cute sign...


Our store is typically not known (in my opinion) for it's selection of home fashions, but I discovered some great items...such as this gorgeous buffalo check pouf...great for extra seating...or propping feet on...



I'm crushing big time on a couple of end tables!  Solid wood...with a drawer...and how about that rope handle?  Since we have tables for either side of the love seat....these would look amazing on either end of the sofa...hmmmm




I think I've been clear with my obsession with throw pillows...I mean...this one is so Canadiana...love it!!  Only drawback is that it is not feather/down filled.  I don't like when pillows have cheap, polyester cushions inside.  They wash terrible, usually bunch up and lose their shape.  Which is why I prefer down or feather inserts.  They can be machine washed...and flump (is that a word?) up nicely!

If I find a cushion I really love and the cover is removable.....I take out the foam filler and replace it with a feather cushion....this one would look great in the downstairs tv room (where there actually is no tv...)



Same goes for this adorable cushion!   And look a dachshund or two!!



At first I thought these were drawer pulls...turns out their napkin rings!!  
Who doesn't love antler napkin rings??



And my latest obsession continues....although this is not my next addition...she will be very similar.  Likely making her arrival in November or December.  Tell ya folks when I fall....I fall hard.  
Or maybe I'm going into my second child hood?  Maybe?

Either way, I cannot wait to see the artist's creation when she is completed!



We have tickets to see our favourite comedian...and it's definitely shaping up to be a pool weekend!  Have a great one!!









No comments:

Post a Comment