Followers

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Quiet Week-Weather Cool Down

We've been having some cooler weather and rain in the forecast for at least the next three days.  So, not exactly pool weather...but the gardens are flourishing in spite of of it....this lilac shrub is blooming beautifully.  Neither Mr. Seventies nor I remember where and when we obtained it...but it's lovely to see the blooms....


The Red Prince Wiegilia is showing off its blooms....



Our Pink Varigated Wigilia (and I checked the spelling with my handy google assistant)...is slower to bloom, I think it needs some sun....




Mr. Seventies informs me these are called Sweet Williams.....I call them pretty...


A beautiful blooming Spirea on the side corner of the house...



This is our memorial garden to our three previous dachshunds who have passed on...
It's really pretty when things are blooming...Mr. Seventies has flowers and shrubs planted to bloom at different times....



The potatoes are just about ready to blossom....loving me some new potatoes!!


And the leaf lettuce is doing great...for those who eat such things!  In my opinion...lettuce is what you eat on your way to real food!  Not a fan of it....Mr. Seventies loves salad.   Blech!  Nuff said. 


That's a catch up on the gardens.  In other news....look at these adorable slippers....you know that's a dachshund on them....therefore I ordered a pair for moi and a pair for my daughter (shhhh).  Going to be toasty in the cold weather.  And they were on sale....win-win.


For as long as I can remember, I've had a love affair with baby dolls.  Whodathunk?  Growing up my Mom's lady friends would visit us during the Christmas holidays...just to see what kind of doll I received for Christmas!

Are you familiar with reborn dolls?  There are many collectors of dolls and I've been wanting one forever.  This is one example of the artist's latest creation....loving the ginger hair and eyelashes....cutest baby ever!!!

She (the artist) usually does custom orders...but occasionally she does one up just because.  Her dolls are snapped up pretty quit.  I mean...look at that gorgeous hair...that takes hours and hours of rooting.


I'm waiting for my little one...Summer Rain is her name.  She has the cutest pout...and is currently waiting to have her hair rooted (it's on order)...she is going to have hair like Linus from the Charlie Brown series....scraggly and adorable.  I'll post pics when she comes home to me.
These dolls are not play things....they are collector items...and quite pricey to obtain.  But worth every penny!

Even this little red head is pulling at my heart strings...I hope someone scoops her up fast!!










No comments:

Post a Comment