Followers

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Refrigerator Ordered

You know what they say about the best laid plans!  I had done my home work...looking for the right size, options available...and wanted or didn't want....and had my choices all picked out!

All that went out the window when I got into the stores and saw the selections!  Who knew there were so many choices....styles....colours and features in a refrigerator?  Something happened that seldom does...almost never....I got over whelmed.  I'm usually very decisive when it comes to my choices.  

What I thought I wanted...and what I decided on...totally different!  I was in the final store for an hour and a half...until I finally made a decision!  After calling both Mr. Seventies and daughter for back-up!!   That is just so not me.  But in the end....I'm excited...(as anyone can get with an appliance)....this is the one I chose!


The brand is LG...and she (for some reason she is a she...) is smudge proof black stainless steel!  With a pull out bottom freezer!  (one model has a bottom freezer door that swung open...)



I was clear a water dispenser or ice maker was neither wanted or needed.  Some models will make ice in the freezer...but to me that spells trouble or malfunction down the road.  As long as it freezes...we're good.

And swoon.....those double doors!  And handles!!  (current refrigerator has no handles)....

The specifications are 30 in width...22 cubic feet...and did I mention smudge resistant?   One interesting thing noted...unless you are having cabinets built deep enough to align with your appliances....namely refrigerators...they will stick out further than most cabinets.  Our current one does...and that is just the way it is...so be it.  

Arrival & delivery date is scheduled for December 10, 2022 and for a $20...they will haul your old one away!  Yes please!  I'm not having Mr. Seventies and a buddy wrangle anything out the back entrance...that can be left to the delivery guys who do this many times on a daily basis!  And have all the proper equipment and furniture blankets to do so.

Oh...and another post tropical storm is set to land on the weekend!  High winds and lots of rain!  Nicole is this gal's name...fingers crossed she pales in comparison to Fiona!  The province and electric utility are busy preparing...removing trees away from lines that could be a problem.   We fully expect to lose our power again...but hopeful it will not be a repeat of eleven days like last time! Mr. Seventies still has one tree left to bring down....

Fully stocked with candles & batteries...will pick up sandwich and subs...and the propane tank for the barbecue is full.  

Off to batten down the hatches!!


No comments:

Post a Comment