Followers

Monday, November 28, 2022

Christmas In The Family Room

Not overly decorated...just a few touches here and there...I ended up picking up a couple more strands of pom pom garland...and a few dachshund pieces are always much loved...


I love the gnome canvas my cousin painted...she is such a gifted artist...I forgot to share a few more pieces she completed...I'm obsessed with the Grinch!  I've seen a couple of trees fully decorated in Grinch theme!  



As mentioned in one of my previous posts...the mantle is plain.  But the stockings are hung...Liesel is anxiously waiting for Santa Paws to fill hers with goodies...


The "Lowrider" dachshund keeps Liesel entertained!  It moves and dances to the tune "Lowrider'....she hasn't quite got it figured out....and will circle him and bark a time or two!  Mr. Seventies used the crock from the mantle and filled with greenery, birch logs and holly....and it sits on the front step now.


I had forgotten completely about the elf wreath!  I didn't want to hang it outside...the weather might ruin it...and it's lightweight enough the winds could carry it off!  I decided to secure it to my dish cabinet....


We moved this chair over to the opposite side of the room...to accommodate the Christmas tree this year...


I enjoy the pink battery operated tree...it even has a timer!  Love when it comes on...around the same time the Christmas tree timer is set!  Pretty lights everywhere....


And that is all the decor I placed in the family room!  It's simple...and easy.  The holiday season snuck up on us, we're later getting ready this year.  It was so cold & windy on Saturday...we chose to forgo the Santa Claus parade... enjoyed the evening with daughter & family....and home made pizza!  On the evenings when it's mild...we wear our safety vests and walk the neighbourhood with Liesel to take in the Christmas lights!  Best way to enjoy them!

I decided to use my Lazybones jersey quilt & shams in the main bedroom...since I'm unhappy with the quality of the toile comforter after a few short months.  I'll share photos another time of how the bedroom looks with the pink quilt set.  Anthropologie discontinued the set I believe...but I had ordered mine directly from Lazybones in Australia.  I've had this set in white as well...and it is gorgeous....machine washable...although due to its size and weight I prefer to take it out to be laundered....



How are your holiday preparations going?  Be sure and drop over to Between Naps on the Porch...for 
Metamorphosis Monday and A Stroll Thru Life tomorrow for Inspire Me Tuesday!



2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, your family room looks so pretty all dressed up for Christmas! Your Christmas tree is lovely and the elf wreath is so cute! Your gnome pictures are gorgeous and I love the dachshund for Liesel. Oh what fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! You are so very sweet...are you decorated & ready for the holidays? November is winding down..the stores here are busy!

      Delete