Followers

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Refrigerator Shopping

You know that old saying, "Be careful what you wish for".... in this case I've been wishing for a new refrigerator!  Our current one...is 20+ years old!  It is the only appliance in our kitchen that has not been replaced in those years.  They just don't make them to last like they used to!

Unless you are our refrigerator!  I've been waiting for it to show signs of it's demise....and that time has come.  The freezer is no longer doing its job!   I had a conversation....not one week ago....with Mr. Seventies about replacing it....before it gave out on us.  The days of walking into an appliance store, picking out what you need and having it delivered in a day or so are long gone.  Everything now....has to be ordered...and there is a wait time!  But he didn't seem to think it a priority.

Well....now it is.  (Daughter purchased five new appliances about two weeks ago for her kitchen...and they are tentatively scheduled for delivery just before Christmas.   She is pro-active...smart girl we've raised.)

Today, will be a shopping excursion....I have an idea of what I'm looking for in a refrigerator.  Definately smudge-proof...bottom freezer.  Uncertain of French doors on top...or single door.  The model will depend on the size...as my opening is 66" high x 32"wide x 24" deep.   Most refrigerators have a depth greater than 24"...so I expect the new one to be the same....as the current one is.  And that doesn't concern me.  Also...I want handles....unlike what we have now. 

This is one model that may be in the running.  The bottom freezer is door opening...as opposed to a drawer that pulls out...



There are many options available...at varying prices.  In the meantime...we may send our current freezer contents to our neighbour's.  

I've checked a number of local websites...and have a plan to visit a few that may have what I'm looking for!  

Cooler & windy here today....I'd say November has finally shown up!!  Have an awesome day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment