Followers

Monday, August 12, 2024

My Latest Obsession

Fiesta pitchers!  I'm a bit obsessed & adding them with my Gripstand bowls!  I've got two on display...with a third one, in the colour Peacock Blue arriving any day....

I'm keeping my eyes open to add one more bowl to my collection.... I have room over the pantry to fill an empty space....


More Hallowe'en greatness in the stores!  If it's too early for you....perhaps scroll on by.  But for those like me, who can't get enough & consider it never to early....here's a few I came across.  Apparently my neighbour is itching to decorate for fall as well!!  We're trying to convince each other to wait until at least the end of August...we'll see how we do!!



Oh my gosh...this big guy!  And I do mean big!  I didn't realize he had motion....imagine my reaction...when I stood beside him & he began moving & making horrible sounds!   I didn't stick around to see if his sidekick moved too!  And can you see his price tag?  $499.99!!  Ouch!

Witches hats are everywhere this year!  I'm crushing on these found at Michaels...


I considered getting this stack of books...and how awesome is the inkwell & feather pen!!


These adorable acorns are available in two sizes...and on BOGO sale!  Even better!!


I  picked up a couple for the mantle...since they were on BOGO....


I had previously purchased this vase a while back & floral picks were included in the BOGO sale...I added a couple to the vase...


Ghosts are everywhere this year too!  Nothing cuter than one masquerading as a witch...complete with hat & broom!!



Always a great deal of pumpkins around!  



One of these would be so cute by your door....to keep your Hallowe'en treats handy for trick or treaters!!


The stores are putting fall & Hallowe'en decor on the shelves it seems daily!  It's hard to keep up with it all!  But I try...

Switching gears.... we required a visit to the Urgent Veterinary Care Clinic.... suspected a certain wire hair may have had an ear infection...



The urgent veterinary care clinic is an amazing service available here... easy to book an online appointment with any one of a number of veterinarians & technicians to be of service!  Within an hour Liesel had ear swabs taken & diagnosed with an ear infection in one ear....(the other ear is clear).  Not sure what caused the infection... it is common in dogs with ear flaps that fold over. This is a first time issue for Liesel.    We left with prescribed ear drops & hopefully we will see an improvement in a day or two....

My reason for visiting the emergency clinic was in the event we may not have been able to get an appointment quickly at our regular veterinary clinic... I needed treatment as soon as possible rather than a longer wait time for her to be seen!

In over twenty years of dog ownership...my gut instinct was only ever wrong once!   When you spend a great deal of time with your pets....you know when something isn't right!  My inner voice has never failed me...

I'd rather spend money & be wrong than let my pet suffer in any way!  I consider it money well spent for a peaceful night of sleep and my dog not be in distress...

Be sure and join me over at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!

And again tomorrow with Joanne at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays.....always a number of blogs linked up to browse and https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday

Have an awesome day wherever you are!!  Til next time....



3 comments:

  1. Charlotte, what a lovely collection of Fiesta pitchers and Gripstand bowls. Love the virtual shopping tour of all the Halloween stuff - it's just so fun! I'm so glad you listened to your gut and took Liesel in right away; I'm with you in that I'd rather spend the money and be wrong than to have a pet suffer. Give her a hug for me and I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! I hope all is well with you!! I'm so glad I took Liesel in as well...and very thankful to have the emergency vet clinic (and it's a stone's throw from our house). She so appreciates the hug! It's still hot here...summer will soon be winding down!! Take care my friend!!

      Delete
  2. That is a lovely collection! Thank you for joining us at Talking About it Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete