Followers

Monday, August 19, 2024

Quiet On The Home Front

I've always considered August a transition month!  That month where the temps start to dip, mornings & evenings are darker sooner...it's not quite fall....yet you can feel the shift in the air.  Old Home Week is over....the midway has packed up & moved on...tourists have thinned out & headed home....and vacations are winding down.... 

I am a huge fan of the "ber" months....September, October, November & December....these next few months are my favourite!   I am obsessed with these pumpkin woven placemats!  However, they are $35 a piece, which seems a tad overpriced!   I've decided to wait & hope they go on sale...


The star tiered tray arrived...and it's even more gorgeous than I expected!   It is available through Hallmark...


I've picked up a few fall pieces to add to my wardrobe.  Pieces that were a tad too small when  purchased a few months ago...are now too big!   I ordered these flannel lined jeans in the spring, I think & when they arrived I could not get the zipper closed - they were too small.  Forward to now.....and they hang off me!  I don't care...I still plan to wear them wear them when the weather gets cold...baggy or not!!  (they are really baggy)....is that style still a thing??


I have very few light sweaters to get by during the fall months....so these two will be perfect...not overly heavy or bulky....





I visited a couple of stores in search of jeans...since I've down sized from a 14 to size 12!   I could not find any suitable...most are mid rise...and I need high rise jeans.  Usually, they are not difficult to find...but I was unsuccessful & ending up ordering a pair online.  I prefer a slimmer leg for wearing with boots...


When I was out & about the other day....I noticed my leather wallet lining was ripped...and my cards could easily fall out!  I went with this pretty leather one...lots of room for bank cards, health cards, change & small bills...




Since I don't carry a large handbag I like a wallet that folds over & easily dropped in to any of my bags....

Mr. Seventies & I have spent these cooler days cleaning & purging...perhaps we are in transition mode as well!  Last year we decided would be the last year for our flocked Christmas tree (oh...they are messy)...and since daughter is in need of a new tree....we are passing it on to her! (she is aware how messy flocking can be)...

When this one comes in stock...it is our tree of choice..a bit of a Charlie Brown tree perhaps?  It's smaller...prelit & no flocking!  We'll set it in a basket...and it will be perfect...


We plan to sort through the Christmas decor...and what is no longer wanted...will be passed on!

Mr. Seventies spent a day cleaning out the furnace room...tossing what was no longer wanted or used.  I picked up a couple of plastic totes and packed up most of my summer clothes that I won't be wearing....

How about you?  Are you transitioning into fall?  Or hanging on to the last remnants of summer?

Join me later today over at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!

And tomorrow https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday and https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays!

Lots of amazing bloggers sharing, so please be sure to check them out!

Til next time....


4 comments:

  1. Charlotte, the star tiered tray is lovely and I'm glad it was even better than you hoped. Yes, the days are shorter and there is a little nip in the air in the morning, especially if you're up early. i am so happy the jeans are too big - better than the other way around lol. I love the new wallet - I need a new one too as mine is falling apart. I haven't unpacked the Christmas stuff yet but I will definitely need to do some culling. Happy almost "ber" months my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! We have culled two huge loads into the SUV & dropped them off at the Mission store. Next up is to sort through the Christmas decor as well! Hope you are well & looking forward to fall!

      Delete
  2. It definitely feels like fall at certain times of the day up here but I'm not quite ready for it just yet! That star tray is so pretty. I love the color of your wallet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne!! I'm so ready for fall...we're still dealing with heat & humidity here! Looking forward to crisp, cooler days!!

      Delete