Followers

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Enjoying Summer!!

 


Can you believe it's August already?  We've enjoyed a hot, dry summer so far...and with the exception of a couple of thunder showers...that trend looks to continue in the coming days!  Can't say I'm not loving it!  The corn in the garden is in tassel....little buttercup squash are forming & we have an abundance of green & yellow beans!!   It's wonderful to enjoy veggies that were growing a half an hour before eating!  Now that is fresh!! 

The waffle candles arrived!  I warned Mr. Seventies they are candles.....and not edible!

They smell a-m-a-z-i-n-g!  Look how adorable they are wrapped!  Like they came from a bake shop...they do look good enough to eat!  




The curtain rods arrived & Mr. Seventies got busy & hung the valances in the kitchen!! (I closed the shutters to block out a bit of the light for the photos)...



I mean..I'm a little obsessed...(sorry the photos don't have great light)....


Totally forgot I had the perfect table runner in my stash....a happy coincidence.  I'm eyeing a metal star shape tiered tray from Pottery Barn.....I'm looking for a less expensive alternative....one that doesn't involve selling a kidney (jk...).


I've had four of the Pioneer Woman Cowgirl Lace mugs for some time now & have needed an additional set.  They have been sold out for ages....so when I came across a brand new set on eBay....once my offer was accepted...it only took them a few days to arrive!  These are our "go to" mugs....it's wonderful to have a set of eight...


Thought I'd share my pumpkin casserole dish since a few readers commented how much they love it!  It's even cuter than in the photos...it's the perfect size for us!!


If you've been reading here for a while....you may remember daughter requested new curtain panels for Christmas a while back!  Things didn't go as anticipated...the seamstress on Etsy really screwed up on the length & the stitching was horrible!  She did make it right...but now has closed her Etsy shop!

Fast forward to a few days ago....when Mr. Seventies installed new faux wood blinds for daughter....and I offered to wash, line dry & press her curtain panels!

You've heard the saying..."no good deed goes unpunished"?    Hold that thought!  Imagine our shock to discover they shrunk a full 4" in length!!  Supposedly the fabric was pre-shrunk.  They were washed in cold water & line dried as well....daughter was so disappointed.  She needn't have been...her Mama would make it right...cause that's what Mamas do...


I felt terrible for insisting she allow me to freshen them up!   I'm am pleasantly  surprised she agreed with my choice for new panels...(boring beige is her usual go to).  Ya'll know how I feel about beige anything...but it's her home & she has to love her choices.   I may have pulled her over to the dark side...lol.  

I ordered four panels....(although two will likely be required).   I can return a set.  I'm super excited to see these hung on the weekend...(yes...they are beige buffalo check....but they aren't full beige...I can live with that..)...


They also requested Mr. Seventies help install a canopy on their deck....a large umbrella just doesn't provide them with enough shade.  Saturday promises to be a scorcher - 31 C  (88 F).....depending where you live that might not be that hot....but for this little Island...mixed with high humidity...it could be unbearable!  Thankful to have the pool & air conditioning for these warm days!

And today....I am able to drive again!!  The restriction since my heart attack is lifted & I can get out & about on my own!  Not that Mr. Seventies hasn't been an accommodating chauffeur....I enjoy my independence in being able to drive myself!

I've offered to take my sweet neighbour, (recovering from a knee replacement) to visit a couple of stores to check out Halloween & fall decor next week!!  

Life is good!   Til next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment