Followers

Monday, August 26, 2024

August Is Winding Down

It's the last week in August already!  We've been enjoying hot temperatures & high humidity again...for the next few days at least!  The weekend was very warm.....great time to enjoy family swims & bar-b-cue!

Schools open here after the long weekend...busses will be rolling on our road & the weather will be a bit more seasonal!  Always leery of hurricanes this time of year....so we keep a close eye on the forecasts!

I've mentioned before how I collect Air Miles and turn them into e-vouchers which can be used in various stores (online & brick & mortar stores)...Old Navy, Amazon, numerous restaurants...to name a few.  A simple way to collect Air Miles is to sign up on airmilesshops.ca and then go to that site when you plan to order.... I use it to earn air miles....

Then turn those air miles into e-vouchers.  It cost nothing to use...and I've used e-vouchers to order from Boston Pizza, Amazon, Bath & Body Works to name a few....

When my friend sent me a couple of Amazon links.....one to this adorable cutting board.... a must have!  (she knows me too well) I used an e-voucher....



I'd seen this cute night light all over the internet...and it too is available on Amazon!  I was able to use an e voucher for it as well....the little flame flickers when it's turned on....



And who isn't thinking Christmas trees in August?  I can't be the only one, surely.  Since our current one has gone with daughter...I've been on the hunt for a replacement.   Something easier to set up...not flocked and hopefully will fit in the basket I purchased from Home Sense.   I chose this one from Bed Bath and Beyond Canada (which has been bought out by Overstock)....there is no physical store...but they have a strong online presence....I've had great success ordering in the past.  

This is a six foot pre-lit fir tree with three hundred warm clear lights & a sturdy metal base.  Not a fan of the pine cones....hopefully they can be easily removed...and if one bulb burns out....it does not affect the rest of the strings.  The measurements for the stand were not given...fingers crossed it will fit in the scalloped basket.......


Switching back to summer mode...it's going to be another pool day here!  The vegetable garden has been bountiful....we are currently enjoying yellow beans, carrots (my favourite) and corn on the cob!  There is nothing like having a meal of delicious veggies that were growing an hour before dinner!!

Join me later today over at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday.

And tomorrow with Joanne at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays and https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday....

Thank you for stopping by today...I hope you enjoy this last week in August!!

Til next time.....


4 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte. I love your new Christmas tree and I hope it fits in your basket. The cutting board is adorable and just perfect for you! Love the cute little night light too. Thanks for the tip about the airmilesshops - I had no idea. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the vegetables from your garden and the nice summery weather. Here, they are saying snow in the mountains on Tuesday night. Take care over there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! I’d luv to see those mountains again!! Hope all is well with you… take care my friend.

      Delete
  2. I don't ever decorate for Halloween but I think those ghosts gathered around the fire are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallowe'en & fall is my favourite time of year! I think I've collected more to decorate with then than at Christmas!! Can't wait til September arrives & I can haul it all out!!

      Delete