Followers

Friday, August 30, 2024

Friday Fun Finds

Happy last weekend in August!!  There has been a shift in the weather here...it cooled down to 9 F (that's abut 42 C) overnight!  Mr. Seventies will be closing the pool in the next day or two!  Swim season has come to a close....

I came across these cute spiders & bats at Wal Mart!  (they actually had a bit of Hallowe'en goodness....finally)...


Little dots included with the bats to stick them on the wall!  Can't wait to put a few up!!



I was as surprised as anyone to see a bit more Hallowe'en things at Wal Mart!  And....Christmas stuff as well!  The seasons appear to be competing.  Not ready to think much about Christmas....yet.  Other than our tree has been shipped & will arrive in a few days!!

How adorable is my dachshund cutting board?  Not over-sized....but I love it just the same!!  Since I used an Amazon e-voucher....I paid 0 dollars for it!


I've been crushing on these pumpkin placemats on Pottery Barn Canada website....for weeks!  Waiting for them to go on sale - as $35 each is not going to work for me....


Imagine my reaction when I came across the exact same ones....on Simons website - for $9.50 each!!  You don't need to ask how fast I ordered four of them!!  (it was fast btw).....do these not look identical?

I'll update when they arrive...I suspect I will be very happy with the quality!!


We've been searching for a small table & chair set to use when grand daughter visits!  Been keeping an eye on FB Marketplace...but nothing has been available.  Daughter found this adorable set.....with an asking price of $15!  It has been pre-loved as you can see.....her Dad is picking it up on Tuesday since it is close to his work...

Absolutely a make-over project for little one's Grampie!  He plans to sand it down...and give it a couple of coats of durable non toxic paint....it's going to be adorable!   Our neighbour has a great workshop which is always available to Mr. Seventies...for any reason... he will sand and finish the set indoors....daughter & I will come up with a paint colour or colours.....



I had enough Optimum points saved up to have $30 reduce the price of these overalls! (yes...a throwback to the 70's era)....these weren't available in store...but I was able to order on Joe Fresh website...


I'm sharing a "before" and "after" my weight loss journey! (not really an after photo...as I'm still losing).  So far, I've lost about 55 pounds...here's a before...think we were headed out for a date night...


And my current status....photo taken a few days ago...I'm not great at taking selfies btw...I usually resemble Shrek!  (redo of the primary bedroom upcoming...can't wait to share)....


I've gone from wearing plus size 20 to size 12 regular in jeans & medium size in tops and sweaters.  I'd be happy to stay at this weight...but if I lose a bit more, I'm ok with that too.  With my current health status...it's been a much needed health journey & great to alleviate my knee pain.  I'm "on the list" for knee replacement surgery....I'll make the decision to proceed or hold fast when the time comes...

In other news....Liesel made an impromptu visit to see our veterinarian.  She has this lump on her tail!  Not a great photo...but we noticed she was trying to get at her back end....and fur is missing....(the lump is about 3/4 way up her tail...towards her hiney)....it's a hard "cyst"....


Fluid was drawn from the lump & sent for analysis.  We had the results in 24 hours!!  Happy to report the cyst is non-cancerous...she's been prescribed antibiotics (as bacteria is present the analysis revealed) pain medication & anti-inflammatories for the next 7 days.  We will see where we are then....if it's healed & whether it returns on not. 

It's in an extremely hard spot for removal we've been advised...we will cross that bridge if & when necessary...fingers crossed. It's odd that first she had an ear infection....and now this.  She has remained relatively healthy all these years (arthritis being the exception)...and now required two trips for treatment in August.  She is booked in September for her yearly dental cleaning....

We planned to have a bar-be-que & pool day tomorrow....now it's looking like just a bar-be-cue with daughter & family to celebrate the long weekend!   With the cooler temps....no one has any plans to go for a dip!!

It's been a hot summer with many pool days...but I'm looking forward to fall!  I've been holding off bringing out the fall decor...but it's getting harder to wait!!  

I hope to pick up a couple of cans of ivory spray paint & spray my stack of orange pumpkins...while it looks okay, there are a number of scuffs on it.  BTW - has the price of spray paint double in your area?  It certainly has here...about $25 for one can (with taxes)!  This is the stack....photo from last year....

I had planned to spray them black....then decided on off white.  Which colour do you think would look best?  Or leave as is?



Liesel...lump on tail & all...has a grooming appointment today.  Since the lump or cyst is hard & bathing will cause no issues....the veterinarian has cleared her for grooming.... her groomer is on board...since Liesel is hand stripped... her tail is only trimmed to remove long spears of fur.  Her ear is also cleared up...so she is good to go for a "spa" treatment!

Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  

Til next time...




2 comments:

  1. Wow, 9F! That would be brutal winter weather for us Texans. 😂 The price of spray paint has skyrocketed here as well. That table and chairs set will be so cute! Enjoy your weekend. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! 9 degrees is a "chill" in the air here! Don't think I'd cope with Texas heat - but you do get acclimated to the climate! Even a gallon of paint is over-priced!! Prices have sky rocketed everywhere it seems! Have an awesome long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete