Followers

Monday, August 3, 2020

August Already

We are back into a few days of heat..which is awesome!  Today the house is quiet. today..and Liesel & I will be taking a few dips in the pool for sure!  It is hard to believe how fast July slipped by!

I've been wanting to replace my worn leather jacket for ages now...but have been unable to find just the "right" one...til I came across the exact one I was looking for.  And on sale...even better.  My previous jacket was dark brown...so decided to go with black (as shown) this time...cannot wait for it to arrive.   It's the perfect length...





I have this top in the red & navy stripe...and absolutely love it!  I'm a huge fan of 3/4 length sleeves...


It's such a great fit...and beautiful quality...I ordered it in avocado and white stripe.  These are great to wear when the seasons are changing...



And I came across this amazing bag (with leather closure & handles) on Amazon...and just had to order it!  How cute is this??  And perfect size for my wallet, phone, face mask & hand sanitizer!
And so pretty on the inside!




This was another cute hoodie I picked up for fall....I love the colour...and it is so soft and comfortable!!



I had to venture out early this morning (before it got too hot) and purchase a new tea kettle.  Mr. Seventies...put the kettle on yesterday...and not only neglected to tell me....he went outside and forgot about it!  Needless to say...it boiled dry...damaged the insides...and stunk up the house.  It was my MacKenzie Child's kettle..if you are familiar with anything MacKenzie Child's...you know they are very expensive!  

I debated on purchasing a whistling stove top kettle...or an electric kettle that shuts off automatically (especially when boiled dry)...and decided to go with electric.  I love the look of this kettle...it sits on it's own base & remains plugged in....




I also picked up a microwave bacon dish...we buy low-sodium turkey bacon...and do it crisp in the microwave...and although most of my dishes say "microwave safe"...they can be used to heat up...not cook on.  After cracking 4 of my Pioneer Woman salad plates...I needed to pick up 4 replacements.   I knew they were sold separately...so had no problem getting them...



So that's about it for today!  Hope you have an awesome day...and the weather is beautiful where ever you are!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte
    Would you share where you found the perfect kettle?
    Thank you for your time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure....purchased the kettle at Wal Mart. :)

      Delete