Followers

Monday, January 4, 2021

Time For A Refresh

 I love this time of year...I call it the "after Christmas glow"... the Christmas decor is packed up and put away...the tree is dismantled and boxed up for the next eleven months...days spent giving the house a thorough cleaning and declutter...out with the old and in with the new...

I was browsing my favourite junk shop's FB page...and look what caught my eye!  Do you see it?  On the top shelf...to the far right?  That's a Gripstand bowl...



I inquired about condition...and was delighted there were no chips or cracks...and it was put aside for me.  A few days later...Mr. Seventies, Liesel and I went on a short road trip and picked it up.  This is bowl #9 in my growing collection...I display them on my cabinet tops...



The new addition is on the left...right above the corner cabinet.  I love when I stumble across a new one...and these are not reproductions made in China...but actual Gripstand bowls produced in England (must be identified on the bottom of each bowl)...



And while picking up the bowl...I happened to find a dinner plate to my Mason's Pink Vista stoneware...not that I needed it...but I couldn't pass it up...



I've ordered a couple of items on Amazon...now that I have a rectangle kitchen table (as opposed to the round one we previously had)...I love using different runners...and this set is a pack of two!  One I will keep & give the other to my daughter for her farmhouse table....both are 72" in length...


And I love that this one is reversible...buffalo check reverses to burlap...



A couple of new cushion covers...the colour is called Maroon.  These are arriving today...should add a pop of colour to the slipcovered love seat ....




I'm puttering away placing the new Anthrolopologie quilt and pink set on the bed in the master bedroom.  And believe it or not...I need a couple of decorator cushions...so need to scope out those...

As Mr. Seventies and I were coming in the house the other day (before the 20 cm or more of snow arrived on Saturday)...look at the adorable bird's nest left in our Forsythia shrub...pretty adorable....



And lastly...I may never venture into a grocery store again!  For someone who loves to shop as much as I do...I detest shopping for groceries!  Enter....online grocery shopping!  You have no idea how this makes my life so much easier!  Even though we only shop for two...it's still a chore I do not enjoy!  We've used Walmart online grocery shopping about three times now...and I have been converted!!

I simply sit down with my list....sign in & fill my grocery order....select a convenient time (for us) for pick up...and just like that...everything is beautifully packed in paper bags or boxes and brought to our vehicle!  In some locations...delivery is available...but that has not happened here yet.

The sheer joy I get not having to wander aisles in search for things...while remaining six feet apart..following floor arrows (necessary...but such a pain)....scanning everything through checkout...then lugging everything  to the car...online grocery shopping gets a two thumbs up from me!   

What is old is new again...for when I was growing up...my Mom would call in the grocery order...and it would be delivered to our home!  We had milk delivery to the door as well!  Perhaps I'm showing my age...

We shared a beautiful Christmas with our new grand daughter...sadly the remainder of my girls are in a different province...and un-necessary travel is not permitted.  So we do what we need to do to keep everyone healthy and safe.  

I'm hoping everyone had a beautiful, relaxing holiday season!  And welcome to 2021!!





2 comments:

  1. Love that you found a bowl for your collection! Last year I found a Halls pottery bowl that was just like the one my mother had - from the Jewel Tea Man, back in the day when he would come selling things house to house. I love it...and it is in a place of honor like your bowls, on the top of my cabinets. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Ann!! That is awesome you found a Halls pottery bowl...especially since it was one like your Mother had! Love to see a photo of it...I'm not familiar with the Halls pottery bowls!

    ReplyDelete