Followers

Monday, August 21, 2023

An Unexpected Find!!

Happy Monday!!  We shared a wonderful week with our youngest granddaughter from Nova Scotia!  We shopped til we dropped, went for lunch a few times...enjoyed a visit to the hair salon...and even though some days were overcast...we spent hours hanging out on the decks and swims in the pool!  And youngest granddaughter was pretty smitten & entertained by her older cousin!  We lit the fire pit a few nights....and  toasted marsh mellows!

For her return home, the Confederation Bridge provides a shuttle service from PEI to New Brunswick...she & I took the shuttle across where her Mom was waiting to pick her up.  When an adult accompanies a minor across the shuttle (a requirement)....there is no charge for the adult and only $4.75 for granddaughter!  Compared to a $50.25 bridge toll...that is a bargain.  We had to wait less than five minutes for the shuttle to arrive & take us across!  And after picking up two passengers on the NB side coming to PEI...we turned around and headed back within ten minutes or so.   An enjoyable visit had come to a close....

I have to share my latest find!  I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a four poster bed.  We had one a few years ago...but it was more a "country" style...large & chunky and took up a lot of space in the bedroom.  Imagine my surprise...when I came across just the bed I had been dreaming of on FB Marketplace...at a steal of a price!  I mulled it over in my mind for a couple of days before sharing with Mr. Seventies.  To my surprise...he was on board with purchasing it!  

I made arrangements to check it out....it's a genuine, antique four poster bed...in immaculate condition.  Most I've come across are pretty banged up and usually some DIY'er has attempted a poor paint job.   But not this one...it was in the guest bedroom of an older couple, who happened to be downsizing....and I was immediately in love!

Our neighbour and friend has a truck & trailer...so he, Mr. Seventies and our son-in-law made the twenty-five minute trek through traffic to pick up the bed.  The had five furniture blankets and tarps on hand to wrap the pieces and secured them with strapping.  Once it arrived home....Mr. Seventies and son-in-law got to work setting it up!  As with any four poster beds I've seen....it is much higher than traditional beds....and our mattress is very thick...thank goodness a stool accompanied the bed!   And we are fairly tall people!



I am thrilled with my latest piece of furniture!  Friends have a similar bed...and it is quite high as well...that just adds to the charm!!


I also found these adorable pots at a thrift shop!  I think they originally were filled with yogurt..I've seen them in other provinces...but not here.  I thought they'd make adorable Christmas pots...since they have trees on them...at one time I think they may have had wooden tops....but I'm happy to have found them...and three of them no less!


The night temperatures are definitely cooling down...it was time to put the electric blanket on the bed...already!  I suspect our time in the pool is coming to a close for this year....but we'll leave it open for another week or so.  Usually once the overnight temps dip low...and we have cloudy days...the water cools off quite a bit.  And when the days cool off...I have no desire to take a dip.  

Our SUV is going in for repairs tomorrow.  Not sure what the problem(s) are...but driving back from Nova Scotia a couple of weeks ago...it began making a racquet!  At first we were thinking muffler or exhaust....but now we're pretty certain that is not the issue.  Whatever it is....I'll be glad to have it repaired.....and quiet. 

So that is a brief update my friends.  And since it's a brand new week...that means a few awesome blog parties to attend!  I love blog parties....reading about what others are up to...and looking at some beautiful homes and re-dos!  Join me later today at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for  Metamorphosis Monday .

And Tuesday drop over to Marty's blog https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire me Tuesday and Lyndsey at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Tell It To Me Tuesday!

I've hope you've had a wonderful week...thanks so much for spending time with me!  Feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.  

And...just a heads up....the fall decor is finally arriving in stores here....and I will be checking them out during the week!  Can't wait!!   

Til next time.....




8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Charlotte - that 4-poster bed is gorgeous and its looks so beautiful with your bedding!! And the little stool is so sweet. You must have smiled big when you found it. I'm glad you had a wonderful week of with your granddaughter. Our temps have cooled off this week as well which is much better for walking. I hope whatever is the matter with your SUV is minor and inexpensive. Have a wonderful week and happy fall shopping my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kim! I'm so happy to have found the bed! I hope you have an awesome week....a touch of early fall in the air overnights here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding--that bed is gorgeous and I can't believe the shape it's in. Love the stool as well, and those cute pots are so fun. What a great trip. (I can't believe $50 for a bridge toll--wow.) Visiting from Tell it To Me Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer & welcome!! Wonderful to have you here! The bed is in amazing condition...hard to believe it's an antique! I'm loving it!! Isn't our bridge toll insane? When it was completed in 1997...Islanders were promised a "reduced cost" to use it. Never happened! Have an awesome day!!

      Delete
  4. That bed is something else - wow, I will also be totally in love with it. My parents had a similar one, but unfortunately I could not bring it out from SA to Canada when we moved so a niece asked for it and I gifted it to her. (sigh).
    I visited you via Tell It To Me Tuesday! #11 | 8/22/23 | Link Party
    I linked up this week with = 20+21. This is a friendly reminder and we invite you to come and join us at SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find the linkup information under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome-wonderful to have you here! So very sweet of you to gift your niece a similar four poster bed...I'm loving ours!! What part of Canada did you move to? I will check out the link party...thanks so much for the invite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like your visit was so much fun! Your new bed is so pretty. I love a tall bed, I would rather climb into bed than drop into bed. Thank you for linking up at Tell It To Me Tuesday. I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyndsey!! I love our new bed...I've been wanting one forever! And I'll definitely see you at Tell It To Me Tuesday!

      Delete