Followers

Monday, August 28, 2023

Hallowe'en Has Exploded In the Stores!!

Happy Monday!! I was out and about the latter part of last week...and finally seeing fall & Hallowe'en decor in the stores!  Before I share my finds....a quick update on Liesel.  We are seeing improvement...today we're still medicating & keeping her for the most part in her x pen....but the pen door is open...so she can venture in & out freely.  She will take in some sun bathing this afternoon....and we will re-assess her tomorrow.

And I've picked up a wonderful cold! (not Covid)...just a miserable cough & all that comes with colds.  It began on Saturday...so I'm only a couple of days into it.  Hopefully, by mid week...it will begin to run its course.  

When I walked into one store...I almost squealed...(like a kid)...when I saw all the Hallowe'en items!  I know some don't care for the inflatables...but I love seeing them.  My daughter's neighbour has a yard full of them every year....and we always stop for a photo session with grand daughter!


How can you not smile & wear a happy face when you see these?  Okay, I'll share only a couple...and then we will move on....



I love me a red truck!  Heck, I even love me a green truck!  And I'm really loving both of these....



I think I might have to have a set of witches legs!  So cute to stick along the front walkway!


And this huge black pumpkin...it lights up!  So spooky...and would look amazing as part of an outdoor display!


Who doesn't love a skeleton cushion?  I sure do...and love how the legs hang down!  I'm holding back on purchasing cushions....until I see what I have in my totes!


This one at Michaels is a definite maybe...


I popped into Michaels briefly....and they had additional decor set out!  Yup....I sure do love fall!


And who doesn't need pastel witches boots in their life?



Or a set of spooky candles at Home Sense...that light up!  





One thing I've noticed at Home Sense...are the price increases.  The stack of white pumpkins I shared last week....were $99.99 last year.  They are currently $129.99!  That's quite a jump in price.  I find they don't discount their pieces by much either...maybe only a couple of dollars!

This adorable piece was discounted on Poshmark...and is currently making it's way to me....


I can't wait to decorate for fall....waiting for September and when I'm feeling better!  I did put this little arrangement together...using the white glue to resemble water....nothing fancy and I could have been more precise with my arrangement of picks....but not bad for my first go...it will likely find a new home with one of my girls....


An antique shop in Summerside is hosting an estate sale...date has not been announced yet...but I'm hoping it's after our SUV goes back in the shop the middle of September (parts ordered).  Look at all this gorgeous-ness!  Mason's Pink Vista - just happens to be my collection of dishes!  I have a great many pieces and place settings....but I'd love to snag this large soup tureen & stand!  It's right in the centre of the table!  And I'm so wanting it!!

I have a number of the serving pieces & platters...along with the coffee and tea pot.. the small soup tureen shown here....and numerous cream and sugar sets...


This pattern is still in production...but some of my pieces were produced years ago....others are new...
it's wonderful to know I can always still add pieces....


My friend & I hope to attend the estate sale...depending on location and date of the sale!  The one thing I wish I had...was a huge cabinet to display my Masons'.  If I had a dining room...I'd have a cabinet for sure.  Maybe in my next life....

I have to share Mr. Gardener Extraordinaire with his winnings....complete with a stake to advise everyone he won Best Garden Selection.   And was gifted two containers of Miracle Grow to boot!


Mr. Seventies removed the steps from the pool in preparation for closure & began the draining process.  August was certainly not a pool month....but we had our fill in July!

And with today being Monday...please drop over to https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for  Metamorphosis Monday.

And two additional link parties tomorrow....https://www.astrollthrulife.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday...and also with Lyndsay at https://perfectlyimperfect-lwl.com/ for Tell It To Me Tuesday.

Liesel & I are going to spend the day recuperating.  Thanks so much for hanging out with me...and until next time....














4 comments:

  1. Charlotte, I agree - its hard not to smile when you see those inflatables - they are so ugly that they're cute! I've noticed the increase in prices at Home Sense too sadly. The Mason's pattern is lovely and I hope you are able to get the pieces you want at the Estate sale. Love the winners sign! Sorry to hear about you and Liesel and I hope you both feel better soon. Fingers crossed about Franklin. Take care over there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! I feel the same about inflatables...and they are expensive to buy...even when on sale. But I love to see them! Thank you for your good wishes...Liesel & I so appreciate them. Still keeping an eye on Franklin....hoping he veers off out to sea. Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard not to notice all the Halloween stuff in the stores. Although we're not into it I am sure others will be able to enjoy it especially those with kiddies (read retired member here)
    I visited you via Tell It To Me Tuesday! #12 | 8/29/23 | Link Party
    I linked up this week with = 19+20. This is a friendly reminder and invitation to come and join us at SeniorSalonPitStop. You will find the linkup information under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...and thanks for the invite. I did check out the blog...and it's just too much info for me to digest sorry. I found it very confusing...my old retired brain might be worn out! Still a kid at heart though...

      Delete