Followers

Thursday, August 24, 2023

It's Time-Already

August has been a bust....weather-wise.  It's been rainy, overcast and temperatures dropping low over nights to single digits.   Pool days have come to an end for this year....and with that realization Mr. Seventies will be closing it this weekend.  That entails draining most of the water out, removing the steps, unhooking the pool pump and wintering it in the furnace room.  The solar blanket needs replacing next year...the current one will be cut into strips and be put in the waste (it is sadly not recyclable).

The patio furniture will remain for a while longer....if days remain warm enough to enjoy being outside or a storm is forecasted...

So this happened this week....an arthritis flare up...... we treat with rest in the x pen and pain medications....


She is resting comfortably...the difficult part is keeping her quiet when she wants to get moving again...but we'll give it another day or so to settle the inflammation down.  Before long....she was snoozing away.....


I couldn't resist these adorable mugs...on Poshmark.  I'll use them when I set up the fall coffee bar...along with the witch cauldron mugs I have packed away....



Are you ready for some fall decor?  It's finally out in full force in the stores here....even Wal Mart has a small, pathetic selection of it.  But they are trying nonetheless...I came across a few pieces there...


These weren't bad...but not soft and squishy....as I thought they would be....but cute just the same....



These pieces were not great quality....but at least Wal Mart here is making an attempt....


Then I dropped into Home Sense....where Hallowe'en and fall goodness has exploded.....much to my delight!!   I'm crushing on this ghost....it lights up!!  Love!  Wish he would fit on my front steps...but my wagon of gnomes, stack of pumpkins and a live fall mum usually occupy that area.  We still need access to the front door after all....



O my gosh!  The height of this stack of pumpkins was amazing!!  Oh to have a large entryway!!!


And finally a beautiful assortment of fall cushions....I was saddened to discover they are not down filled...but pretty all the same....



I could have taken photo cushions for days....there is that large an assortment.   Don't want you nodding off though...

These ghosts are pretty awesome....and I'm loving the white!  We grew white pumpkins one year....they are called Lumina.  Pumpkins tend to overtake the vegetable garden so we stopped growing them...and usually hit a pumpkin patch instead....


Beautiful selection of table runners and place mats....these are a couple of my favourites....





And look who I came across!  Gus the Mummy....I have him in my stash....along with his big brother Marvin....


Even Count Dracula has made an appearance this year!!!



And this frog's face is so cute!  I'm thinking he might just be Prince Charming waiting to be kissed!!


I had dropped the cover to Liesel's glass treat jar...on the granite counter...and it shattered into a zillion pieces!  I knew its replacement would not be glass.. I came across this one....it holds her snacks perfectly....and I don't have to worry about breaking it. 


There was a huge assortment of amazing smelling candles....I'm good with a great selection of candles and tarts already.....




And lastly a couple of adorable mugs!  How awesome would it be to have your morning coffee or tea in one of these?


I hope I didn't bore you to death....but I just love fall and Hallowe'en!  The "ber" months are my favourites!

The sun is out in full force today....it will be difficult to keep a wire hair under wraps and on the down low.  She is currently giving me stink eye....trying to guilt me into allowing her out of the x pen!  Not going to happen....this afternoon I'll let her out and she can bask under the front window in the afternoon sun!

Thanks so much for spending time with me today!  Are you excited for cooler days and sweater weather? I dropped off three bags of clothes at the thrift shop...proud to say I've lost fifteen pounds...and things are starting to be a bit baggy and loose.  I went through my winter clothing...and with the exception of needing a couple of tops....I'll be good for a few months with what I have.

Have an awesome weekend everyone!   Til next time.....














No comments:

Post a Comment