Followers

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Dog Days of Summer

August has brought in cooler temperatures....especially over night.  As a rule...August is our hottest month...but after scorching weather in July....we are enjoying the reprieve.  The stores are filling up with "back to school" items...even though schools don't start until the first week of September here....

I haven't been picking & bringing in bouquets of flowers as in previous years....not wanting to carry bugs into the house.  After thoroughly checking each bloom...I decided to take a chance on these amazing, fragrant Phlox blossoms.  We have a variety of colours... pink and fuchsia colours coming along later....


I was out & about the other day...and picked up another of my favourite magazines and wax melts for my tart warmer.  The selection at Wal Mart of tarts has been almost nil....so when I come across a few of my favourites...I snatch them up....these Banana Toffee Pie scent smell amazing...


And of course, I dropped into Home Sense.  Not a great deal of fall decor out yet...I suspect they are busy these days and more will be set out in the coming weeks...


These soft pumpkins are gorgeous....they also have a few in white...make cute cushions....


Adorable, awesome smelling smaller candles...a variety of covers and scents...the one in the front in this photo is my choice...



This pumpkin spice coloured bench is gorgeous!  This would be amazing at the foot of a bed...not mine mind you...but some homes have huge master bedrooms....*little jealous*....


I cracked up when I turned the corner and came across these scary guys!  Potential Wal Mart greeters perhaps???


And this piece....I'm crushing on it big time!  It is solid wood...and I think you could set a pillar candle on the top...


This is much larger than it looks....similar to the one we set out each fall...I prefer our bright orange ones..as opposed to these muted ones....but they would look great set anywhere!



A couple of pumpkins....I really like the one in the back...a pumpkin in mid colour change...when they go from green to orange....*love*.....


And that was my peruse around to check out the fall home decor.  As the month continues, there will be more and more goodness available!  And I'll be right there to take it all in!!

We're enjoying the fire pit in the evenings and the odd toasted marshmallow or two!  The garden will soon provide an abundance of fresh veggies...I'm waiting patiently for the carrots to be ready.

Wishing you an awesome first week in August!  Keeping fingers crossed we won't have any major storms this fall....cleanup is still on-going from the one last September.

Til next time....







No comments:

Post a Comment