Followers

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Is Summer Over Here?

It feels like someone has thrown a switch...and summer feels over.  For days and days...we've been into cool, wet & windy weather!  The Confederation Bridge to the mainland had wind restrictions in place yesterday (meaning no high sided vehicles or motorcycles) could cross for most of the day.  And it poured rain off & on.  Which means we had a day in camp!

I will share this beautiful gladiolus flower I picked...there is another ready to open.  Funny thing is...we didn't plant gladiolus...not sure where it came from!  Maybe in the compost?  Many years ago we grew them in our side garden....this one was growing along the back walk way.  Mr. Seventies is going to pick up bulbs and plant a few next spring....as I truly love them....


This mass of coneflowers growing  in the front gardens is impressive!  They come in a variety of colours..


And in the veggie garden...the corn continues to grow...despite the gloomy weather!  Can't wait for that first feed of fresh corn on the cob!  We've been enjoying green & yellow string beans, peas and potatoes from the garden....picked about half an hour before devouring!


I'm crushing hard on this witch gnome tart warmer....I just may have to order her...I do have my mummy warmer "All Wrapped Up"....but this one is just adorable....


Still have an abundance of time before I decide.  As I've complained a dozen times...there is little set out for fall and Hallowe'en decor in the stores here.  I browsed around Inspired Living the other day....not one pumpkin or Happy Fall Y'all  in sight.  An abundance of beachy and nautical decor still hanging around...ugh.  (sorry if that is your thing)....it's a trend I wish would phase out.  And if I see one more Buddha, palm leaf or lantern..I'll scream.  Do we need shelves and shelves of it... (obviously isn't selling) even being on clearance.  I've been told the stores on the mainland are fully stocked with fall gorgeous-ness!!

Daughter & I are travelling to Nova Scotia for a family gathering....just a quick overnight trip.  Not sure if we will get to partake in a bit of shopping....but will see how it plays out.  

I'm picking up one of our granddaughters in Nova Scotia as we return home!  Very much looking forward to having her visit with us... fingers crossed she will get a couple of pool days in.  Kids don't mind if it's not really hot and humid...I'm sure she will get in a dip or two.  And we've got shopping for back to school...and likely a movie and lunch to take in.  And a hair salon appointment.  All my favourite things to do with her!

Thanks for spending time with me today!  Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment