Followers

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Primary Bedroom Re-Do Started

Mr. Seventies is back painting again!  I thought maybe we would get started on the bedroom next week...but he has chosen today to begin & who am I to disagree?  Currently he is taping things off & placed a couple of old, clean sheets over the bed...he's slid the night tables into the guest bedroom...and covered the remaining furniture with plastic sheets....

You can see from this morning photo...just how dark the room is until the light comes around in the middle of the afternoon.  I have no idea what or why I chose this wall colour... it is depressing to say the least...especially with the dark furniture...very little natural light doesn't help.  I've considered painting the bed an antique white...but will leave it alone......


 


Remember, I mentioned when making decisions...sometimes it's an instant thing?  And other times...I struggle.  When I saw this colour....Sunstone by Sico....it clicked.  Mix it up & let's go....

I'm hope I don't regret my choice...but it's only paint...(says the woman who has a full un-used gallon of blue paint in the hall closet).  I think anything but the current colour will be an improvement.  What do you think?  Have I made the right decision...feel free to share your input....


I'm currently trying to find suitable valances...in the length I want (21") and it is a challenge!!  I've ordered 24" tiers...and may have them shortened.....I'll have to see when they arrive....my idea may not work out...

The pellet stove & surround are completely finished!  Stove & chimney have been thoroughly cleaned & ready for heating season!  The technician advised everything can be painted as many times as needed...the high heat spray paint is much easier to use than regular spray paint.

There is little to no over-spray or dripping...so easy to use!  So much so...I taped off the glass & painted the stove!  Very happy with the results....not to mention a $6,000 savings...


I discovered these soy wax melts from Arvidsson...they also sell essential oils, diffusers and tart burners.   I put in an order...and they smell amazing!  You can find them on Amazon (just a free plug)....I'm currently using Snickerdoodles in a warmer...the smell is delicious!


I'm so ready to be done with these warm temps!  After today, we should enjoy more seasonal temps... we are almost officially in to fall!  We've been enjoying the fire pit in the evenings.  Mr. Seventies found a use for the bag of sand used in the pool to keep the pool steps secured....he spread the sand around the fire pit stove (done after this pic was taken)....and we've been enjoying fresh corn on the cob & carrots from the garden!  It is wonderful to have fresh veggies....

I have a dentist appointment today...it's been a busy week for appointments!  And...after a three month ordeal...the SUV will finally have a new muffler installed next week!  This situation has been on-going since early June...waiting for the muffler to arrive (since it can only be purchased through the dealership).

It went into our mechanic's shop two weeks ago to have the muffler installed....only to discover a required gasket was not included. And, of course..the dealer ordered it.....but couldn't find it!  Another two week wait time...but now the gasket is in the glove box...the new muffler is in the trunk...and fingers crossed it will be installed next week!   I was so excited to purchase this SUV (3 1/2 years ago) - now I cannot wait to unload it! 

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today!  I hope the rest of your day is awesome!   Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment