Followers

Monday, September 30, 2024

Short Road Trip

We decided one beautiful afternoon to visit a couple of spots in Stanley Bridge, an area about a 35 minute drive from us...

The main reason was to visit one of Mr. Seventies favourite bake shop locations....this one is housed in a former church.  The other shop, in Kensington is situated in a former train station....either place is worth the trip for their cream cheese covered cinnamon buns...(among other yummy things).....

I didn't get photos inside....since it is a sit down food/bakery shop & there were quite a few patrons inside...such a quaint & special spot!  And it was the last day it would be open for the season!  The Kensington bakery remains open year round...


It has been years since I visited this place not far from the bakery...we decided to take a few minutes and check it out...it will remain open until after Thanksgiving weekend... 



Come along and browse with me....I'll admit it has changed from when I last visited...more primitive  items than I remember....I do love both of these signs...



This metal tray was quite large....with even larger ones available...




This piece had me at hello...the $99 sticker price was a bit on the high end tho...but I was crushing hard on it....


I almost purchased this sign....thought it was very appropriate for the pool....the piece it is resting on is cute...maybe for a child's room....



This shopping tote is produced locally!  I happen to know the seller, he worked in the same building I did a number of years ago....and upon retiring......he keeps busy making numerous items, bags, t shirts and more!  He graciously gave me a shopping bag at one event I was attending last year.   Free of charge!!  Notice the "faux" potatoes under neath the bag as well....fitting since we do produce a fair number of potatoes here!!




The upper floor housed mainly dish ware and glass items!  I luv these mugs.....not only my colours...but the perfect size!  I prefer my tea in a small mug....just like these!!


Are these not adorable?  Not sure exactly their use....for butter perhaps?


Couple of cute hens....unfortunately too big to fit in my cabinet....but don't think I didn't consider them!!


This basket is amazing!!  I don't think it was for sale....since there was no price visible!  But, oh I wanted it!!  Still do.   I should have asked if it was available....living with that regret!  No idea where I would put it.....but when has that ever stopped me....


There is three floors in the shop....and a clothing/purse/jewellery section as well as an abundance of pottery pieces!  Items missing or not carried were handmade quilts....I remember seeing them in days gone by....

It was fun to browse around & see all the neat things they carry just the same.  Mr. Seventies & Liesel browsed the grounds, chatting with other visitors....

In other news.....I have struggled to find a potted mum!  The ones I have found....are huge & too big for the front step!  The only smaller ones I have found are "fake" mums at Michaels!  So...no mums for the step.......perhaps just as well...

Thank you for spending a bit of your time with me....

Join me later today over at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphis Monday!  

And tomorrow I'll be sharing at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Inspire Me Tuesday and https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesday!!

Have an awesome day wherever you are!!!  Til next time....



4 comments:

  1. Charlotte, it sounds like you had a fabulous time on your short trip - I love cream cheese anything! I'm sorry you couldn't find any mums for your front step - they have plenty here, or at least they did a few weeks ago. Our weather is just so capricious here that I almost never buy them but I do love their fall look. Such cute items that you saw on your trip - that sign "I shop therefore I am" is hilarious! Take care over there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! Hope all is well out there my friend!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like such a wonderful outing. I think it is so cute that the bakery is set up inside an old church!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne! Isn’t it wonderful to have a wonderful bake shop in a little church? It’s so beautiful inside as well!

      Delete