Friends...can you believe how August is slipping away on us? We're already feeling a "touch of fall" in the air....it's darker earlier in the evenings (and mornings).....and the nights are much cooler now. Showers off & on forecast for the week....but decent temperatures during the day.....
Before we continue I want to share a loving tribute my nephew does for his Mom (my only sister).....we lost her after a short battle with cancer in 2016. Each year, our little village where I grew up & she lived....hangs beautiful memorial baskets on poles about the town....(sponsored by family members).....
I share with you this year's basket in loving memory of her....forever so loved & missed...
Thank you for allowing me to share that with all of you....
Because the "Ber" months are coming....I ordered a warm wrap for Clancy Mae....which will keep her snug & cozy during the winter.....
I love the turtleneck to keep the cold out.....the length is perfect for her....it's a bit loose around the middle...but she should grow into it....I'll share pic when she no longer requires her surgery wrap. She is one week post-op today!
I have this awesome footwear in a chocolate brown colour....they are so comfy I ordered a second pair in pink.... I wear my current pair almost daily.....great for slipping on for taking Clancy Mae out, running errands and so on.....
I picked up this gorgeous cardigan a number of weeks ago....it is such a beautiful eggplant colour & fits amazing....I can wear it alone buttoned up or over another top....it is thick & a great weight...
And Clancy Mae's Christmas stocking arrived.... I'm obsessed!! Santa Paws will have no problem finding her stocking hanging on the mantle...it's quite long & will hold a few surprises or two....
If anyone wants the Etsy sellers info.....let me know & I can share the link....the quality is exceptional...
While out running errands, since I was close to the thrift store, I decided to pop in....it was relatively quiet....my first find....doxie bookends....
This Scentsy tart warmer was not in the best of condition....notice the chip....and why do people leave hardened wax when giving away or selling their warmers? I wouldn't buy it for that reason alone.....not to mention it was way overpriced....it had a few "miles" on it.....
















The flower basket in memory of your sister is gorgeous. RHill, TX
ReplyDeleteThe village does amazing work planting & maintaining the baskets each year! Both my Mom & sister were teachers....with yearbooks dedicated to each on the year of their passing....
DeleteWhat a lovely tribute to your sister. Fun to shop with you. Did you buy that pretty butter dish? Glad Clancy Mae is recovering nicely from her surgery. She’ll look adorable in her winter jacket. Enjoy your week. Hugs, Elaine
ReplyDeleteHi Elaine, thank you! No, I left the pretty butter dish.....it would just sit in a cabinet un-used (not that I don't love butter...my arteries don't...lol). Clancy Mae is getting back to her self....it's hard to keep her quiet...she is still a pup!
DeleteThe flower basket is such a beautiful and thoughtful tribute to your sister. I am envious of your touch of fall; here in Florida we might start to get a break in the heat and humidity by October if we're lucky. Thrift store prices around here are high also. And, yes, the treat jar does resemble an urn . Glad to hear Clancy Mae is doing well....Sue
ReplyDeleteCharlotte, the flowers are so beautiful and what a lovely way to remember your sister. You have found some really cute things in the thrift store - I had no idea there was so much doxie stuff out there lol. I'm so glad that Clancy Mae is on the mend and she will look adorable in her new sweater. The stocking is darling. We are at normal temps here for August and it's such a relief after our very hot and dry July. But I am definitely noticing the shorter daylight hours so I know fall is on the way here too. Have a wonderful rest of the week my friend!
ReplyDelete