Monday, August 31, 2026

North Rustico, PEI

We loaded Clancy Mae in the car one afternoon & drove to North Rustico,, (not to be confused with South Rustico, Rusticoville & Anglo Rustico).....North Rustico is an incorporated fishing community & has found a new niche as a spot for empty nesters to downsize to.

The village is about a 25 minute drive from Charlottetown..... and each year the village goes all out for Christmas...decorating their homes & yards....we took grand daughter last December....she had a great time walking about with us.... 

Welcome to North Rustico....which happens to be home of the famous Fisherman's Wharf Lobster Suppers....there were a number of tourist buses in the parking lot....



These are mussel traps, for lack of a better word in one harbour....


A fishing boat came into the harbour....it was fun to watch him weave in & around the buoys....red buoy means turn one way....blue buoy means turn another.....


A number of the fishing sheds have been converted into restaurants....others are still used to house boats & equipment....



One reason for our visit.....the amazing views.....and a beautiful boardwalk.....



As dusk was setting, it was beautiful when all the lamp posts lit up....



It was quite windy that day....a robust, warm breeze.....I resembled Bozo the Clown's sister...my hair was blown about.....since I had to remove my hat....before it ended up in the harbour.....


We chatted with so many people....all of whom were smitten with Clancy Mae....she was such a good girl....

This woollen shop in the village is one of my favourites....I was only able to get a minimum of photos...as it was busy....shoppers milling about....

I'm obsessed with this sweater with puffins....it comes with a hefty $400 price tag though....


The shop sells wool sweaters, coats mitts, hats & scarves...blankets & throws....anything you can knit...it's in this shop!



We stopped by a seafood shack & ordered clams & fries....and were sorely disappointed!  We'd heard how delicious the food was....yet the clams were like chewing rubber with soggy fries!  My supper consisted of two fries & I attempted to chew a clam - it was like chewing gum!

I'm not a huge fan of seafood to begin with....but if you are going to get it....it had better be good!  It wasn't!!

Before long, the skies began to look like this....with thunder & lightening....so we headed for home...



It thundered rain so hard....Mr. Seventies almost had to pull off to the side of the road & wait for it to let up!!  The road was busy....as many were heading home from Charlottetown...


So....the big question....did I purchase anything in the wool shop?


I sure did!  This beautiful knit coat was 50% off.....regular price $300....and it is so warm & cozy...and will be great to wear for walking this fall....


It fits beautifully, zippers up & has a hood for extra warmth....and pockets!  Look at the gorgeous, knitted hearts....


I'll share the shop's website....if you want to have a browse....(not sponsored)... https://www.rusticosweaters.pe.ca/

The sales clerk insisted I bring in Clancy Mae for her to meet....so we had a lovely chat & visit....

I battled a tummy bug most of yesterday....and again today!  We're supposed to have grand daughter for the day & had planned a day of activities with her!  Her Mom has meetings this morning, so Mr. Seventies will pick grand daughter up & take her for a couple of hours....she loves going to the park!  Hopefully, when we have her on Wednesday, her Mimi will be feeling better....

Join me later today over at https://betweennapsontheporch.net/ for Metamorphosis Monday & again tomorrow over at https://www.myslicesoflife.com/ for Talking About It Tuesdays and just in time to share over at https://www.gracefilledmoments.me/ Sweet Tea and Friends September Link Up!

Stop by & share some love with these amazing bloggers...

Thanks for being here with me today....tomorrow is a brand new month!!!

Til next time.....






6 comments:

  1. What a lovely place! I enjoyed "visiting" with you. Hope the tummy bug gets gone soon! Visiting from the Sweet Tea & Friends link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer - and welcome! Wonderful to have you visit-I hope to come back soon & often!!

      Delete
  2. Hope you’re feeling better now, Charlotte. Thanks for sharing your outing with us. It was fun. Love your sweater. Perfect for a cozy fall walk. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunches, Elaine!! Hope to be back in the game tomorrow!!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful place to visit - it looks so fun. Glad Clancy Mae was such a hit (of course she was!) and I'd have been sorely tempted in the wool shop too - lovely that you found a knit coat for such a great price. Hope you feel better soon and take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!! I love taking "day" trips...I'm not the best traveller! The Island has so many beautiful spots. That being said - first change I get to come to Calgary & Banff - I am there!!! (I'd more there if we could). Clancy Mae is a star no matter where she goes - I always thank people for their sweet compliments! (thank you as well). I 'm feeling a bit better - should be on the mend tomorrow. Have an awesome week, my friend!!

      Delete