Followers

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Driveway Repair

The company that delivered the shingles called Mr. Seventies and is going to send someone out to assess the damage.  He knows which paving company did the original work...so he said they would use them for the repair.  I hope I am home when the hardware rep comes...Mr. Seventies would be content to repair the lawn himself..but I've asked that he let them do the repair.  Fingers crossed.

I continued with the purging in the kitchen yesterday....Liesel and I had a trunk full of items for the Mission Store.  I felt if I hadn't used an item in the last two years...I probably didn't need it.  A huge, family size crock pot, a dehydrator (only used once in five years), two family size casserole dishes (too big for two people), lamps, a bag full of odds and ends, travel mugs, old coffee mugs and so on.
Purging does not mean to go out and purchase replacements...hahaha.  I have some things set aside to pass on to my daughters....they will thank me later for clearing out a lot of stuff now.

On our way home from our delivery to the Mission store...we stopped in to Home Sense and Michaels.  Both stores welcome dogs...Liesel is good for quick trips around.

Lamps, next to cushions is my obsession as well.  The ones I kept for the family room have withstood just about everything...namely when chucking Liesel's ball down the hall.  Most lamps would crash to the floor...but the ones we use are darn near bullet proof.


No sense kissing up to me now Home Sense...while this is adorable..it is not the one I let get away.  Still stinging over that loss....


Oh my gosh...how adorable is this?  I had a great chuckle...this unicorn is too cute.  And colourful.  We have an abundance of pool floats...this one was hard to leave behind.  But sense I was able to get one for my little grand daughter to use...we left this one for some other lucky person. I think this one too was smaller than the one I purchased...so still pretty happy with that one. 


We are finally getting some sun and warm temps!  And you know what that means?  Yup...the pool is going to be running!  Mr. Seventies will hook up the pump, make sure everything is a-ok, top off the water level and bring the totes up which house the chemicals and pool vacuum.  

Once the pool runs for 24 hours, I will take a water sample in for testing...so we can balance the water and start the bi-weekly maintenance.  I put in a chlorine puck about every 3 days and shock every two weeks, then add the Algicide. 

Mr. Seventies tilled the vegetable garden....and planted three rows of potatoes.  Onions and beets to follow...and the rest will get planted in June. 

I will be thrilled when we can give the decks a fresh coat of stain...winter and shovels are hard on them each winter...and then our new wicker furniture can be set up.  Yay..  Outside is where we spend the bulk of our time during the summer...we love being outdoors.  As does Liesel....she finds a sun puddle and flops down!

Mr. Seventies wants to take our annual pilgrimage to Kool Breeze green house in Summerside...and then York Greenhouse....closer to home.  

We have officially become his parents!!  And that's a good thing,



No comments:

Post a Comment