Followers

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Long Weekend Road Trip!!

Happy Belated Victoria Day!  We took advantage of the long weekend and made a road trip to Nova Scotia with Liesel in tow.  She travels well in the vehicle....and after a couple of stops along the way...she settled in her car seat for a snooze.  On the marshland between the New Brunswick/Nova Scotia border are wind turbines.  Probably the first time we travelled by and there was no wind!   Usually they are beautifully churning away...but it was extremely calm.  So calm, in fact...the flags were hanging straight down!  Usually they are flapping wildly about!



First stop was the Tourist Information Centre...our usual stop to get out and stretch legs and Liesel has an opportunity to check things out, have a snack and a cold drink.



She and I wandered about..there were a couple of other dogs and their owners doing the same thing...Mr. Seventies snapped a photo of myself and Liesel before we continued on.



I realized, while some love Ikea...I really am not a fan of the whole concept.  I expect their niche market is geared towards young people with young families...as they seem to be the bulk of the customers in the store.  I find the store overwhelming and confusing, but then again we do not have an Ikea store in PEI...therefore I've only visited their stores in other provinces.  That being said...who doesn't love a farmhouse sink?


I luv, luv, luv these light fixtures!  They don't suit our home...but in the right place...they would be amazing!


And their line of Ektorp slip covered furniture!  I had hopes of hopes that their slipcovers would fit my furniture...as it would certainly be an economical way to switch out slipcovers...but my furniture is a bit larger.  *sniff*.   Maybe when we downsize to a smaller home or condo...but for now...I'll be happy with my slipcovered furniture. I particularly liked this fabric!



Popped into Pier 1 (my go to store)...I'm in hopes Pier 1 will have an on line store or bring one to Charlottetown!  A girl can dream....

My favourite time to visit is in the fall and Christmas seasons...summers are short here...fall and winter are much longer.  That being said, I won't post many photos from there as the lighting was horrible and distorts the true colours.  A couple of....what else...but cushions!  Luv cushions..I think I have mentioned that....


I was crushing hard on this owl lamp...perfect size for a bedroom or small side table.  If this is available in Moncton....I may pick one up for our guest bedroom, next time I visit Pier 1 there. 



Great architectural items..and the red clock would be awesome in a large family room...




Stopped in to Home Sense for a quick peruse...and found a gorgeous canvas of Diesel!!  He could have sat for this canvas photo...even his Dad (my nephew) thought so too when I emailed a photo to him!  French bulldogs are the cutest characters...I love watching them.  Now...their snorting...is a whole other topic!  And they snort...and snort..and snort....lol.




But of course, my first love always has and will always be...dachshunds!  Home Sense usually has a great deal of doxie sheets, towels duvet covers, and so on. 


It's overcast here...again but fairly mild.  We need to run some errands this afternoon...so let's hope the rain holds off!

Have an awesome Tuesday!!







No comments:

Post a Comment