Followers

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

On The Hunt

Ever since we returned from our awesome trip to Ottawa...I am obsessed with these two pieces in my nephew's home...



The mirror is exactly what I am hankering for...with or without the star cut outs on the shutters.  The dresser underneath would be perfect for storage.  They are not pieces I have to have tomorrow...but I'm keeping my eyes wide open....

My favourite store is having an awesome on-line sale.  And contrary to what Mr. Seventies thinks...I do "need" clothing...now nod knowingly.  They are clothes 50% off...mostly for fall and winter...but the way our weather is these days...they may be worn anytime now!

A couple of things I ordered...this sweater dress with a cowl neck...will be perfect with tights or leggings...




I'm not a pj gal myself...but love them for lounging about in the late afternoons and evenings...and this two piece set is perfect for doing that.



In other news...Mr. Seventies is a die hard gardener.  And with that comes our annual trek to Vesey's Seed store in York.  I was raining the day we went...as you figured I stayed in the car..with Liesel while he picked up what he needed.  Like a kid in a candy store he is...or like I am in a home decor store!  We all have our vices! 




And now we have seedling trays and grow lights..he is so his Mother's son.  She was an avid gardener and he gained so much knowledge from her.  And like her...he loves to be outside puttering in the dirt.  

I'm 100% okay with it as well, he does an amazing job keeping our flower gardens looking beautiful and we have a bounty of vegetables in our vegetable garden.  There is nothing like eating a fresh vegetable that was growing 1/2 hour before being cooked!

If this weather continues the planting and opening the pool will be delayed!  As a rule we open the pool the long weekend (last weekend)...but until we get into some warmer temps...that won't be happening.  Our farmers are waiting as well to get their crops into the ground.

It's cold and windy today, the sun is slowing coming out.  Liesel and I are curled up beside a warm fire.  Where we will be most of the day.  



No comments:

Post a Comment