Followers

Friday, May 31, 2019

Odds and Ends

Happy Friday!  It's cloudy and breezy..but no rain in the forecast.

Mr. Seventies hooked up the pool pump...some bolts and washers needed replacement...no big deal. Tomorrow he plans to top up the pool water and turn on the pump.  Monday I will take a water sample in for testing...purchase what is required to balance the water.  Once the water is balanced...then we are good for the swimming season,  I even love hearing the water circulating from the kitchen!

We've ordered two end tables for the family room.  I've never been able to find exactly what I was looking for until now....


I love the wood and industrial feel of them...and the best part....they open for storage!  They are available at a local furniture store...with 15% off...win-win!  The are not over sized...18" wide...the same width as our bedroom night tables.  So many times furniture or tables are monster size...not suitable for a home built with small rooms in the early 70's!  Very pleased smaller pieces are being offered...and some are geared toward condos.  When we downsize...a condo will likely be our preferred home choice.  We are a few years away from that...condos are going up everywhere here...as our population ages....condos are in high demand. 

A little over two weeks ago...we discontinued our land line.  Only people who contact us...were telemarketers...we either text, email or use our cell phones.  I upgraded my cell phone as well...a Samsung A8...this is a stock photo...

While I love this cell phone, since obtaining it...I have been unable to receive calls!  When a call would come in...it would go to our old land line number!  Now that was a head scratcher!  I contacted our provider...and was informed it would take three days to resolve the issue.

Late yesterday in the afternoon...I called cell phone tech support...and within ten minutes I was able to receive calls.  It seems the Volte button on the phone...was not turned on!   It is a standard for high speed communication on cell phones.  More than I needed to know...but now I am able to receive calls!  I requested a credit on my monthly bill for the two weeks I was unable to receive calls.  We'll see if that is done. 

Since this phone is a different size than my previous phone I purchased a new one....from where else...Amazon.  My friend purchased hers at her phone store...and paid over $40 for one.  This is mine...for $12.99 and free two day shipping.  It opens up and debit cards and credit cards can be slipped into slots.  I don't use the wrist strap..the magnetic close is awesome too!  My daughter is using my previous one..it fits her phone.

I'll wrap up with my review of my TENS machine.  One knee is giving me grief...arthritis...and we are trying to avoid a knee replacement.  I did a bit of physio which required 15 minutes on a TENS machine and leg exercises.  Now I can do both at home.  I purchased this particular machine from Amazon as well.  The reviews were great and I had nothing to lose. Does the machine help?  


It sure as heck doesn't hurt.  I set it for twenty to thirty minutes once daily.  I ordered replacement pads as well...they can lose their stickiness over time so it's good to have new ones available. 

So that's everything in a nutshell!  Have an awesome weekend!!





No comments:

Post a Comment