Followers

Monday, May 27, 2019

So Then This Happened

As posted on Friday...we had a new roof installed.  The roofing company did a great job...roof looks great..and clean up was to perfection.

Then this happened....the hardware store delivering the roofing shingles.  What could possibly go wrong?



This damage to our newly paved drive and lawn....is what went wrong,


Yup...those are cracks and tire marks on our lawn....


Needless to say...we are not happy campers.  Apparently this was not the Hardware store's "regular" driver...he was more concerned with overhead electrical wires...(which were no where near the truck).  
The roofing company owner was furious...and said this was unacceptable!  He contacted the hardware store and took photos on his phone and sent them to show the damage.   

The hardware store is to facilitate  and cover the cost of the repairs...stay tuned.  

In other news, Mr Seventies tilled the vegetable garden...and planted three rows of potatoes, beets and lettuce.



The stakes are to remind him he has thing planted there...I offered to get some pretty row markers...but he stays the stakes work fine.  The odd flower you see...were annuals planted last year...because we had early snow...he didn't have a chance to clean out the flower bed completely.  The annuals came up for a second time I guess 




Yesterday was much like today...gloomy and overcast.  I thought we could all use some "pretty"...the front gardens are coming to life...


Hyacinths, tulips and daffodils are cropping up everywhere....


The yellow/golf Forsythia is showing off her early splash of colour...


A pretty coral tulip...ripe for the picking!  I have a beautiful bouquet of tulips picked...they are my favourite early flower! A coral gal just showing off her colour!!


Switching topics we discontinued our land line a couple of weeks ago.  Best decision ever btw.  The next day I upgraded my cell phone with the same company.  Fast forward to a couple of days ago...and I seem to be getting a lot of voicemails.  

No big deal at first...I thought I was just either on my phone or busy at that time.  Our daughter made me aware she kept getting my voicemail, I called my number from Mr. Seventies cell phone...and got the voicemail recording for our old landline!!  There is no call forward feature on my phone...so I knew that wasn't the issue.  I spent 55 minutes with our provider...and it's going to take three business days before they can fix the issue. 

Somebody somewhere got their wires crossed.  While they discontinued service to our land line...they somehow screwed up my new cell phone...which happened within 24 hours of each other. 

I'll let them sort the mess out...I'll give them the three business days.  And see what happens...

It's a toss up to see what gets repaired first...the driveway or my cell phone service.  Going to be a great week!








No comments:

Post a Comment