Followers

Monday, May 6, 2019

Nice to Be Home!!

We spent a wonderful few days with my nephew, his wife  Allison and their two loveable French bulldogs.  Oh my gosh they are cute...and snort...a lot!  After a while you don't even hear it...lol.  Their lady bull suffered five (o my gosh) ruptured discs in her back!  Dachshunds are not the only breed who have this issue...poor Miss Daisy suffered through her ordeal.  Her operation was performed on Monday and they were able to bring her home Wednesday.

We've had extensive experience with IVDD...so we were on hand to help out at all time.  The first night Daisy was home was rough....she wailed all night.  Once I checked her medications, I soon realized one in particular causes heightened anxiety...so they were given another prescription to control the anxiety!  Go figure.  Once those meds were discontinued....Daisy was a much happier girl...she is walking a few steps, doing her business outside and she is great to let her Mom do her stretches and leg rotations.

We got to see a bit of Ottawa...beautiful city...and it was 17-18 degrees!  Allison and I did a bit of retail therapy while Uncle Mr. Seventy and Daisy's Dad kept a close eye on Daisy.  And her adorable brother Diesel! Here she is two days post surgery.  Their veterinarian started her on antibiotic..he caught an eye infection early.  Precious girl.....her fur will all grow back in...and you will never see her "zipper".





Here our pretty gals having some Mama/bullie time!




And her brother from another Mother...he was just getting comfy for a much needed nap!
He and Uncle Mr. Seventies enjoyed their morning walks!


While the pups were under such excellent care, we spent a few hours doing some much needed retail's therapy...can't you just feel how awesome this shop is from the outside?



And it did not disappoint!! First thing to catch my eye was this adorable bumble bee quilt!


I came so close to buying this.  My Roost My Rules....


I'm crushing so hard on this sink & flowers (don't they look real?).......


I think next trip to visit...we will take our vehicle as opposed to flying!  This was all the photos I was able to take...I noticed a sign requesting no photos or video be taken, oops....my bad.

My nephew loved his French Bulldog mug and Michelle is very happy with her pretty French bulldog scarf.  Daisy and Duke snacked on the bag of Zukes we brought for them.  

It was such a nice visit...I'll post a few moe things from our trips...until then...take care!








No comments:

Post a Comment